by Jamiebu Investigator
Investigator

VIP pack not renewing.

I usually have a VIP pack which is the £25 pack for £20. Today it didn’t renew. I called customer services costing 25p. They said they didn’t want to take it off and manually start it as I would have to pay full price and to wait. However this isn’t really practical as I can’t use data on my phone. I tried texting now to 150 to start the pack but it says I don’t have enough credit. Even though I have over £40 on. Am I the only one this is happening to and is there any other solution? I need to use my phone! 

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: VIP pack not renewing.

Hi @Jamiebu

Welcome to the community. 🙂

I haven't seen any reports of this happening to anyone else.

I suggest speaking to the customer services team again to see if there is anything they can possibly do.

Please let me know how you get on.

Chris

by Jamiebu Investigator
Investigator

I have just spent another 45 minutes on the phone to them. They have forwarded the problem to a single user problem team (I think that’s what it was called), and given me a small allowance to use in the mean time as they can take up to 72 hours to respond. Less than ideal but let’s see how they handle it as this is the first real problem I’ve had in two years being with EE. 

by

Thanks for getting back to me, @Jamiebu.

It sounds like they have escalated this correctly. That means it has been passed to a higher technical team to investigate what, on our systems, may be causing this issue.

Once they identify it, they'll be able to fix. That's why it takes a little longer than normal.

Fingers crossed it's sorted soon. Keep us posted.

Chris 🙂

by Jamiebu Investigator
Investigator

So my pack renewed overnight but there are still issues. Today all incoming calls are showing as unknown and when I tried to call customer services to sort it I was told I don’t have enough credit to pay the 25p connection fee when I have over 20 quid on. 

by

Glad to see the pack has now renewed, @Jamiebu.

Could you please try rebooting your phone please?

What kind of phone do you use?

Chris

by Jamiebu Investigator
Investigator

Unfortunately rebooting didn’t cure the issue. It needed another lengthy call to customer services trying various fixes before being put through to second level technical support who sorted it within 5 minutes. I hope all these issues aren’t a sign of things to come with EE as I haven’t had any problems in the last 2 years. 

by

Thanks for confirming, @Jamiebu.

Glad it's sorted, apologies for the time taken to resolve.

I'm sure it's smooth sailing from here. 🙂

Let us know if you have any questions in future.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.