by samberscript
Explorer

Unexpected debit card payment - is this normal?

Just started with an EE payg sim. Last night, on the EE website I registered a debit card to pay for reoccurring top ups each month with first payment due in 3 weeks time. This morning I noticed a pending debit from my bank account of £1 from EE Vesta. I am hoping that this is a legitimate 'test' transaction but am a bit wary as this was never mentioned and no one else seems to have mentioned this. 

Is is this normal and should I see a credit of £1 on my sim account once the payment has has cleared, even though I didn't request this top up. Seems unlikely that my details would be being used fraudulently as soon as I registered them with EE but still a bit worried.

The debit card is for a business banking account if this makes any difference.

thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Unexpected debit card payment - is this normal?

This is just a test transaction to confirm your debit card details. It will remain "pending" until it disappears completely. It will not debit your bank a/c nor appear as credit on your SIM. This is quite normal, like when you check-in to a hotel or set up a tab in some bars, where the actual payment is to made later at the end.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

This is just a test transaction to confirm your debit card details. It will remain "pending" until it disappears completely. It will not debit your bank a/c nor appear as credit on your SIM. This is quite normal, like when you check-in to a hotel or set up a tab in some bars, where the actual payment is to made later at the end.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by samberscript
Explorer

Thanks. I suspected as much but nice to have it confirmed. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @samberscript

Glad you got the help you needed from the community.

Come back anytime 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.