by Steveatkiss Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Unable to make calls and texts in Nepal

Unable to make calls or send texts in Nepal. Keep getting message Outgoing calls blocked. Need to use phone urgently! Please help.

24 REPLIES 24
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unable to make calls and texts in Nepal

@Steveatkiss   Are you a contract or PAYG customer ?  Have you used this device on this EE account abroad before?  

Valued Contributor

Am on payg. Not used abroad before on this phone.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Steveatkiss   Ok.  Do you have credit on your account to pay for the calls ?  If you have a pack allowance it doesn’t cover you when outside of the UK/EU. 

Valued Contributor

Hi Chris. Have enty of credit. Was on a £1 talk and text pack but stopped that. As I need to keep in contact my elder parents I always ensure that I have plenty of credit on the phone before I go abroad.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Steveatkiss   just to check you are putting the number correctly when you dial out ?  It has to start with 44 or +44 you don’t use the 0 at the start of the number.   

Valued Contributor

Just been looking at some of the settings on the phone and have just noticed that All outgoing calls is switched on? And refuses to turn off saying Failed to read data, call barring rejected. Is this the cause of my problem and if so, how do I turn it off?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Steveatkiss   You need outgoing calls on.  It fails to turn off as you need data to send the command.   

Valued Contributor

Just turned on roaming data and tried turning call barring off again but still refuses to turn off showing the same message. I'm at a loss as to how it got turned on in the first place as I did send a text message when we were enroute in Oman and that went thru OK ?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Steveatkiss   If everything was working before you don’t want to change anything on the device, have you tried restarting the device?   

Valued Contributor

umerousRe: Unable to make calls and texts in Nepal

Yes numerous times!!

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: umerousRe: Unable to make calls and texts in Nepal

Hi @Steveatkiss,

Have you tried manually selecting a different network?

Check out EE Roaming - Help when abroad with your EE phone or device for more details.

Thanks

James

Valued Contributor

Yes, tried that and the only one that connects is NT 3G, of the three available. NCELL and SMARTCELL don't connect.

by

Hi @Steveatkiss.

Are you able to receive calls?

Do you have any other UK number with you?

What phone are you using?

Jon

Valued Contributor

Have received a text from EE strangely, but no calls, but wasn't expecting any.

Only other r number we have is my wife's phone and she has the same problems as me!!

We are currently using a recently purchased Samsung galaxy J4+

by

Thanks @Steveatkiss.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Jon

Valued Contributor

Hi guys,

I have just got back to Kathmandu and noticed something interesting. Whilst we were out of connection with NT I was able to turn call barring off, but as soon as I register back on to NT it automatically switches back on again. Does this mean that EE doesn't have any agreement with NT to use their network in Nepal, and no amount of changes on the phone with be able to clear my problem ?? Please inform !!

by

Hi @Steveatkiss.

We do have agreements in Nepal, although the network there is quite basic and there may be restrictions on some services.

Jon

Valued Contributor

Hi Jon,

I'm quite surprised at your last reply !! If EE's cover agreement, and NT's network, doesn't cover the "basic" ability to make an international phone call or text, then why are you showing call charges and text costs listed on your site for Nepal ? Would it not be a better idea to put a disclaimer on Nepal's listing that because of the "basic"" network here no services may be available ?  At least then your customers would be forwarned, and have the opportunity to make alternative arrangements. If I'd known about this before going to Nepal I would not have put money on the phone to the degree I did, and saved it to buy a local SIM CARD to use whilst here. 

Please take this on board as it's a bit of a shock to find out when you get here that your phone is only useful as a camera !!  (and just to say that this isn't the first time I've had this problem - we experienced a similar thing when we were in Bali). I also had the assurances of one of your guys in our local EE shop at the time we purchased the new phones when I asked if we would have any problems when we get to Nepal. He said no, no problems at all. We will be going out to Uganda in a couple of months time and it would be great to have firm confirmation that I will be able to get the "basic" ability to be able to make a call, and send texts back to the UK well before we leave. Are you able to give me that assurance (despite what it shows on your country listing for Uganda) ???  If not, I don't see the point in listing call and text charges on your site !!

I eagerly await your reply.

Steve A

by

Hi @Steveatkiss.

It is possible to make calls in Nepal, but there may be some restrictions.

We list the call costs because it will be possible to make some calls while you're there.

I'm sorry that you couldn't make calls when you were there.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.