by Kaydi Investigator
Investigator

Topping up gives credit but no data

I have the Huawei Mobile WiFi device and every time I top up, be it by voucher or online my account says I have the £25 in credit but it’s not used to give me the data. The first time it happened I was out of data so phoned to sort it but the call cost me £10 so every time since I’ve used the live chat line but no one has been able to tell me why my credit doesn’t automatically give me the data I pay for. 

Does this happen to anyone else? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Topping up gives credit but no data

@Kaydi: Topping up just adds to your PAYG credit, just like your wallet, but it doesn't spend anything. You need to browse to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase to buy data add-ons from your topped-up credit.

Calls to EE CS only cost 25p a time if you're on PAYG & live is not available to PAYG users.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Kaydi: Topping up just adds to your PAYG credit, just like your wallet, but it doesn't spend anything. You need to browse to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase to buy data add-ons from your topped-up credit.

Calls to EE CS only cost 25p a time if you're on PAYG & live is not available to PAYG users.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

by Kaydi Investigator
Investigator

Every time I top up it says I’m in credit but the credit isn’t used to give data

I have the Huawei Mobile WiFi device and topping it up is a pain as every time it says I have the £25 credit but I’m not given the data. Surely this should be automatic? Twice I’ve ran completely out of data despite my account being £25 in credit and I’ve had to use a neighbours computer to go on the live chat line to get the credit into data as it cost me £10 to phone them the first time. Does this happen to anyone else? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Kaydi

Welcome to the community.

I can see @XRaySpeX has helped you with your query.

Have you been able to buy data now?

Leanne.

by Kaydi Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne,

Yes thank you, had a few problems as every time I clicked to go to add ons it took me to a page that said Forbidden, you don’t have permission to access /wifiauth/ on this server. I have no idea why this was but I eventually managed to get to the add ons by following the link in @XRaySpeX‘s email. 

I find it strange that nowhere is it explained that topping up doesn’t top your data up and even stranger that no one I spoke to either on the phone or on the live chat line knew that you have to click on the add ons to get data added on! 

And as @XRaySpeX also told me the chat line isn’t available for pay as you go customers I’m not sure how I managed to use it each time. 

I do have another question as my account is set is set up for me to receive an email when my data is low but I have never received these. This means I have to keep logging in to check my data. Is there anything I can do to receive these emails? 

Angie

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kaydi

Thanks for coming back to me.

Have you checked your junk/spam folder?

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions