by Chubbylover Investigator
Investigator

Top up card declines after payment is made

My mums top up card keeps declining after payment is made. She has tried two different shops and its happened in both of them. The sim was replaced by EE after they sent a text to say the number will be cut off if she doesn't use the phone and a new top up card was given to her. She tops it up at the same place and now it's not working. She's in her 70s and only uses the phone to call me or in an emergency but makes sure its always topped up.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Top up card declines after payment is made

@Chubbylover : Did she register the top-up card to the new SIM? Let her try

texting 150 with ETU then a space and then the 13-digit E top-up card number (the space in between is important so be sure to include it)

e.g ETU 1234567891234.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I sent the text to register the payment card but it says it's already registered to another number, can't see how though as the card was given to my mum with the new sim card in the EE shop 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Chubbylover.

Where did you get the payment card?

When you got the new SIM, did you get a new number too?

Jon

Investigator

The sim was replaced in an EE shop and the number was kept (same number for 15 plus years) and a new top up card was given at the same time. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Chubbylover

Thanks for coming back to us.

In this case, we would need to get this looked into.

If your Mum can give our Pay as you go Care team a call they will be able to help 🙂

Let us know how she gets on.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions