by Kaywivane Contributor
Contributor

Texts and calls to USA

Why am I unable to text to USA even though it is included on my PAYG plan. All I get is a little red exclamation symbol on the text which hasn' t been sent. Have I missed something? I checked with 150 and they confirmed that I definitely could call or text abroad from the UK. I need to keep in touch with my brother in the USA..... Please can any one help. Thankyou.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Texts and calls to USA

The text is confirming you have the cheaper, but not free, CALL ABROAD add-on.

You'll need 10p credit for each text. See  Free call abroad from the UK add-on / Pay as you go add-on rates for all prices.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
12 REPLIES 12
by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Kaywivane

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

Your SIM is already set up to make international calls. Calls abroad from the UK are charged at our standard rates. But if you make frequent calls abroad, you can choose the calling abroad add-on that helps to keep your costs down.

For a free opt-in to the calling abroad add-on, text CALL ABROAD to 150

If you've ordered an International SIM, you already have the call abroad add-on applied to your account.

Once you have set it up, the add-on automatically renews each month.

Have you got an Pay as you go INTERNATIONAL SIM The one pay as you go SIM for all your needs by any chance?

Is the text failing to just the one number?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Kaywivane Have you enough credit on your PAYG plan over an above your PAYG pack as you will need some spare credit in order to send International texts and these are considered out-of-allowance so your PAYG pack allowances will not cover them.

by Kaywivane Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I can send texts in the UK, but when I try to send a text to the US it fails. I also have a friend in Belgium and it fails to text there also.

I have called 150 and it has been added as an "Add On" to my account. So surely I should be able to text abroad, shouldn't I?

Does this mean I have to purchase a new "International Sim Card" as well as the £10 sim I already have? If so, it could work out a lot more expensive than my previous network supplier(Tesco/O2)

by

Hi @Kaywivane

I'd advise to please speak to our technical team now and see if they can help to resolve this.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by Kaywivane Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou for your help.

by

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kaywivane wrote:

when I try to send a text to the US it fails.

So surely I should be able to text abroad, shouldn't I?

Texts & calls abroad are not free. They are not included in your PAYG allowances which are for UK only. So you need sufficient credit on your SIM to make them. Have you?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Kaywivane Contributor
Contributor

Okay so I am comfused, if they are not included in my payg allowance why did 150 text me to say I had an add-on for calling and texting abroad? How much credit do you think I will I need to add to cover texts abroad? Thankyou for your help.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

The text is confirming you have the cheaper, but not free, CALL ABROAD add-on.

You'll need 10p credit for each text. See  Free call abroad from the UK add-on / Pay as you go add-on rates for all prices.

by Kaywivane Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou for your help. Have topped up and all seems okay now.

by

Fabulous news @Kaywivane

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.