by peter1212
Explorer

Tethering suggestions for visitors

We are coming to the UK for a holiday with children. We would like a sim only pay as you go that allows tethering so that our kids can use the internet. A good amount of data, say 20gb or 30 gb. You know what kids are like!

We only need it for one month. I have looked at the 4GEE plan with 20 gb but it says 12 month contract.

Suggestions please? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Tethering suggestions for visitors

Hi, 

Buy a PAYG sim and data pack or buy a pre loaded data sim from Amazon/Ebay. 

Data isn't cheap on the best UK 4G network. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @peter1212,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

For a pay monthly plan, you would need to have a UK address and pass a credit check.

We offer pay as you go packs which last one month and additional data add-ons can be purchased if you use all of the inclusive data.

Thanks

James

by peter1212
Explorer

Thanks to both of you. I've taken a look at both of those but they seem to offer very little data. The preloaded data sims, 1 month, only offer 2 or 5 gb. The datapack offers 4 gb. Our kids will go through this in no time.

Are there no other options offering more data than that?

I've taken a look at ebay. It never occurred to me that I could buy sims on ebay. Are they geniune and can I use them as if I bought them from EE? They do seem better value to me offering 10 gb for 12 pounds. If I buy 2 then I've got 20 gb. 

Is there any downside to buying them from ebay?

Thanks

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @peter1212,

We offer promotional offers from time to time which may be being resold on Ebay.

Make sure to check the expiry date of the offer before purchasing.

Thanks

James 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.