by ozwaldcs Investigator
Investigator

Sim hasn't activated in new phone

Just bought the Hauwei p9 lite, its been 12hrs and the sim still hasnt activated?

I also get this error on my ee:

"Sorry, something's gone wrong

Sorry, your data add-on details are not available right now, please try later. Text AL to 150 for your remaining allowances.

Unable to get current credit and pack details"

But when texting AL i get a reply saying its for EE customers only.

I also went onto the ee app which told me Im not an ee customer?

7 REPLIES 7
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Sim hasn't activated in new phone

Hello @ozwaldcs have you restarted the device since you got it? Try calling 150 and listening to any welcome messages to complete the activation. 

New SIM cards can take up to 24hrs to fully activate. If it has not activated by then please call customer service on 150 from an EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other (lines open at 8am) who can access the account and look into this for you. 🙂 

by ozwaldcs Investigator
Investigator

I've restarted and called that number, still says im not a ee customer 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @ozwaldcs customer service will need to check why the system is not recognising your number if it has been more than 24hrs. You should still be able to get through when they open on 150 from another EE phone number 07953 966 250 using options 2, 4 from the main menu. 🙂 

by ozwaldcs Investigator
Investigator

So I called EE just now asking for help because its still not activated. They said everything on their end is up and running? But yet my phone is still saying I can't send messages or call people and that im still not a ee customer?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @ozwaldcs just to confirm has it been over 24hrs since you activated the SIM? What phone do you have?

Can you view the account at all in MYEE? What do you see when you try this link using your phones data (not WiFi) connection? :):

http://add-on.ee.co.uk

by ozwaldcs Investigator
Investigator

Yeah it's been over 24hrs since I activated it, I have the Huawei P9 Lite.

I can view my account in MY EE but comes up with this error:

"Sorry, something's gone wrong

Sorry, your data add-on details are not available right now, please try later. Text AL to 150 for your remaining allowances.

Unable to get current credit and pack details"

I followed the link with wifi off and data on and got a no connection page

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello again @ozwaldcs thank you for confirming. 

Unfortunately there is not much else I can suggest from here I am sorry since it looks like the SIM/number has not registered on the network properly. 

Can you try the SIM in another phone? This will confirm if the phone or SIM is at fault. If the SIM does not work in another phone then you can confirm a line fault to customer service who may need to speak to the technical team about this. 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.