by mki75
Explorer

Sim Active

HI,

I have recently moved abroad and change the plan from Biling to PAYG. wanted to know what is the procedure  to keep the sim active as i would like to keep the same number which i am suing it for many years.

Thanks

Malik

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Re: Sim Active

To keep the sim active it needs to be used by yourself at least once every 180 days for an outbound call/text.

Also make sure you top up/use the sim before leaving the UK as a PAYG cannot be activated from abroad.

Presumably you have changed the plan on your original sim from Pay Monthly to PAYG and not picked up a different sim?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You need to make a chargeable action within every 180 days, like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by mki75
Explorer

Thanks for the reply. I was abroad when changed from Pay monthly to PAYG. I would top up now to keep it active for another 6 months. Thanks again

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions