by Shell6
Explorer

Samsung Galaxy note 5 no wifi calling switch for on/off

Hi everyone, I am new here and to ee. I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy note 5. I have noticed in the pull down bar that wifi calling is a light blue colour. When I tap this it won't go to grey or a brighter blue like wifi for example when I switch it on. I have been all through my setting and can't find anything. The phone I bought was unlocked t mobile android 7.0. I checked the imei number to find out it was from America. Will this be the reason for not having option to switch off? I've just read on another forum that this can affect your signal. Which I've had problems with so wanted to turn it off to see if it helped my signal. Any help greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Samsung Galaxy note 5 no wifi calling switch for on/off

Hi @Shell6

This device was never released in the UK, so this extra will not be available on the firmware installed on your phone. The US version of WiFi calling on T-Mobile works differently than EE. T-Mobile US is a totally different company.

As for deactivation this service then hold down in the blue icon and it should take you to the settings. If this doesn't work then try XDA developers for some help.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Anyway your phone, whatever model it is, will not be using WiFi Calling as this is not available on PAYG from EE.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Shell6
Explorer

Hi @Northerner,

thank you for the reply. I've tried holding it down and doesn't do anything. Will try the other option suggested. 

Thanks

Hi @XRaySpeX,

Thank you for the information in your reply

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.