by nrwhitney Investigator
Investigator

STILL cannot top up..!

So, it' obvious EE want to annoy their Orange customers as much as possible.

Last time I attempted to top up I could not on this website however way I tried.

The URL: http://orange.co.uk/quicktopup which has been texted me to tell me I'm low on credit is not accessible. Yes I have tried different browsers - it's you, not me.

I call 450 to top up as was the only way last time and it's telling me the service is down and try again in an hour. The same message was playing yesterday when I called.

So - is it possible to top up? Or do you not want my custom - and that of plenty of other people who have also posted on the forum over the last 6 months with this same issue.

This must seriously be a breach of contract in effectively cutting off our service. Not only that but does Ofcom know you are treating customers like this??

13 REPLIES 13
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: STILL cannot top up..!

@nrwhitney: Please pop over to the Ways to top up page, if you have used your bank card to top up previously you can use the text service.

@Lee_H: When is EE going to remove MyEE from the help for topping-up Orange & anything else connected with Orange?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I've BEEN THERE!!

Multiple times!! Your shonky site sends us round in circles trying to top up on Orange!

Orange Your Account Closure

Orange Your Account will close on the 29 December 2017 so you won’t be able to access Your Account online from this date.

Pay as you go
Text service

You can use our Text Service to manage your account and stay in control of your account from your phone

Topping up

There are lots of ways you can top up your PAYG phone

Find out more

->

Using My EE

You can top up any time with a credit or debit card by logging in to My EE.

We accept Visa, MasterCard and Maestro UK credit and debit cards as well as International cards. Payments are managed by Vesta, our payment partner, so the name Vesta will appear on your bank or credit card statement as Vesta EE Top Up along with an 0808 free helpline phone number.

-- AT THIS POINT YOU ARE BACK TO THE TOP--

Select the amount you want

Enter your payment card details, review and confirm

I work as a full time software QA and I can honesty say sir you website has FAILED!

Why don't you give some CLEAR instructions on how this can be accomplished instead of stating the obvious!

It was a complete hassle last time I tried before ringing 450 on my phone which I can no longer do. EE really need to pull their finger out!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

As you may have seen from my Q to @Lee_H, MyEE can no longer be used for Orange, for just such a reason as you've encountered.

You may now only top up by phone, ATM, or text if you've previously used your bank card for topping-up.

BTW: I don't have a website, shanky or otherwise. I'm just a user like you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

A) I told you in post one I've called 450 and it's not working.

B) Am I supposed to go out in a snow storm to top up now then?

C) Used my card with Orange or EE? It's not clear.

D) shonky, not shanky - learn to read and/or type.

E) User or not, Mr Grand Master, you are NOT helping by sending me off to attempt to do the stuff I've already done and/or advising me information I already know because I've read it before even bothering to post. So save my time and yours by not bothering to reply!!!

Investigator

Text service on pay as you go

• EE

• Orange

• T-Mobile

Using our text service is an easy way to manage your account and stay in control when you can't get online. Just send your keyword to 450 or 150.

All texts and responses to 450 and 150 are free from the UK.

Here's a list of the keywords you can text to 450 or 150 and the service we'll provide if you're on Orange pay as you go.

Service you'd like to find out more about

Keyword to text  to 450 or 150

General information on the services available via Text Service

HELP

What else can I do via the service

MORE

Check my pay as you go credit balance

BALANCE

Check the remaining balance of my pay as you go  bundles

BUNDLES

Check if Roaming is set up for my number

ROAMING

Get your mobile number

NUMBER

What’s My EE number?

ACCOUNT

View my current Magic Numbers

MAGIC

Download links for the My EE app

APP

Top up with a voucher

VOUCHER

Check if Safeguard is active on my number*

SAFEGUARD

Basic info about our reward plans

PLAN or ANIMAL

Specific plan information, including rewards for  each top up amount.    To choose the plan reply  'YES' or 'NO'.

DOLPHIN,  CANARY,  RACOON

Manage the activation or ceasing of BlackBerry  services

START BB / STOP BB

Register your name and address to enable credit and debit card top up

REG

Add-ons can also be chosen using the text service. Find out more about Orange pay as you go add-ons.

We'll continue to update this page with other great services available to you as they're introduced, so keep checking back.

*If you send SAFEGUARD to 450 you'll receive a reply telling you if your Safeguard is currently turned on (preventing you from viewing adult content) or off (allowing you to view adult content). If the reply you receive tells you it's turned off then you can turn it on by replying to the message with 'YES'. Your request will be recognised whether it's sent in lowercase or uppercase.

Where, exactly, does it state how to top up via message?

I've just followed the CR XXXX 10 instructions and received an automated response:

"You can get info on the following topics, etc, etc..."

No confirmation of credit and no further instructions again on how to do so.

So I ask you again, EE, do you want my custom and does Ofcom know your customers are having such issues using their mobile phones after spending years and years being able to do so easily and quickly under Orange? This is a complete farce.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

A) & B) I was telling what you can use not when.

C) With the no. you are trying to top-up.

D) Thanks for teaching me a new word :).

E) I don't know what what you already know but have not told me. I'll post whenever & wherever I choose, not when you tell me.

Investigator

E) Well aren't you the man?? I would prefer it if you did not on MY thread thanks - because as already stated you are not helping, wasting both our time, and clouding any clarity so that it's more difficult for a proper EE CSR to help me!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Had you previous used your bank card ending XXXX for topping up this mobile no.? If not you can't use the CR text code for topping-up?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @nrwhitney

Thanks for coming to community.

The information given to you by @XRaySpeX is correct.

He has kindly asked you another question to try and help.

When you answer him hopefuly he can help you further.

Thanks 

Richard

Investigator

As already mentioned, the user you have specified is not helping, because I can actually read and follow instructions - nothing is working as indicated by the information I have given above and screenshots / UX of your website.

I had asked said user to stop posting on my thread but they are too ingorant to do so. As absolutely nothing was being acheived with their cut and paste answers, readily available several clicks away - apart from wasting everyones time.

The reason also being that it would cloud the information when dealing with a proper CSR such as yourself.

Which has obviously happened - because if you'd read my previous post you would know that I have already tried to top up by text via the instructions provided.

So the issue whether I've used the card before (I don't know, because I've had a new one fairly recently and cannot remember if it was since I topped up last) is completely moot isn't it? If I had done, and followed your instructions correctly, it would have worked wouldn't it?

You really have made topping up for us a massive chore - not good customer service, not good business sense, and I for one will not be made to jump through hoops to continue to use a service I have done for about 20 years without issue until you came along and decided to meddle. I suspect, as mentioned, on purpose - to try and make people switch to EE.

Again Richard_C you have been of no help whatsoever.

Goodbye, EE - good riddance.

by
EE Community Support Team

Sorry to hear that you feel this way @nrwhitney

Richard

Investigator

Of course I'm still unable to use 450 to top up.

It's stating the same message it did several days ago - .."call back in an hour."

I wonder; is it going to take some old dear dying alone because she cannot contact her carer and deems it not important enough to use the emergency numbers - and the resulting court action - for you to stop treating paying customers like dirt?

Or should I say "attempting to be paying" customers...?

The website details you provide don't work.

The phone numbers you provide don't work.

The advice you offer does not work.

What a joke.

I think it is worth a shout to Ofcom after all.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

So, as you probably hadn't used your new bank card for topping up your Orange no. or at least you have no recollection of having done so, you only have 2 options left for topping it up:

1. Toddle off thro' the snow to the nearest ATM.
  2. Wait until CS get in thro' the snow before phoning them.

You don't need to use the 150/450 nos. which will cost you money. You could dial the 0800 Freephone no.

You've been repeatedly told that MyEE is no longer available for Orange users to use. So there's no point in keep trying it & posting screenshots of it failing..

"Not helping"? But providing you with the confirmed facts.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.