by chriscore
Visitor

SIM/Pack change

I'm currently on the £15 everything SIM which gives me 2gb of data. I frequently buy a 500mb add-on or two a month, so I'm wanting to swtich to the £15 data SIM, which gives me 5gb monthly.

I thought it was as simple as changing the pack in my account, but apparently not. Only the 100mb data pack shows.

Thinking the store would just be able to switch my SIM over to it, I went into the EE store today and enquired about it, and the guy just tried to sell me a contract and (as his personal phone started to ring) told me to just call 150 to sort it out.

Am I going to have to buy the new SIM, and then get EE to switch my number to it? Seems like its the hard way, has anyone else made a similar switch?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: SIM/Pack change

Hello @chriscore sorry to hear you are having trouble adding the £15 data pack to your acvount. This is an online exclusive offer and is only available to customers who got that pack with their SIM originally. 

It may be possible to change your pack on the SIM you have but not guaranteed. There is no account access allowed on this public forum to check but customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other (lines open at 8am) will be happy to check this for you. 

If not you will need to order an original £15 data pack using this link:

http://shop.ee.co.uk/price-plans/free-sim

Then customer service will advise you next on how to get this working with your old number/credit but you may need to port your old number out of the EE network completely, then port it back in on to the SIM that is eligible for the data pack. 🙂
2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Basically yes.  The £15 Data Pack is an online exclusive with a pre-paid PAYG SIM. An ordinary SIM cannot just switch to it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @chriscore sorry to hear you are having trouble adding the £15 data pack to your acvount. This is an online exclusive offer and is only available to customers who got that pack with their SIM originally. 

It may be possible to change your pack on the SIM you have but not guaranteed. There is no account access allowed on this public forum to check but customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other (lines open at 8am) will be happy to check this for you. 

If not you will need to order an original £15 data pack using this link:

http://shop.ee.co.uk/price-plans/free-sim

Then customer service will advise you next on how to get this working with your old number/credit but you may need to port your old number out of the EE network completely, then port it back in on to the SIM that is eligible for the data pack. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.