by Sighmon55
Explorer

Registering a Product on MY EE

I've just bought an PAYG EE Sim Card to go in a USB Broadband Dongle. The My EE won't let me add the number to my profile - It just keeps saying it's sending me a text message with a code in it, but the Sim Card isn't connected to a phone! So I can't see whatever code it's sending to be able to complete the process..............??

5 REPLIES 5
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Registering a Product on MY EE

Hello @Sighmon55 connect to the device and log in here:

http://192.168.1.1

You can access the text messages through there.

If that does not work then you can put the SIM card in a phone to receive the text.

by Sighmon55
Explorer

Neither solution works I'm afraid. The Link doesn't work. And I can't take the sim card out of the Dongle as I lose the Broadband - I can't access the Dongle anyway and I don't have a mobile phone

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Is this an EE 4GEE Wi-Fi device? Try here:

ee.mobilebroadband

Where is the device? Do you mean you do not physically have access to it?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

MyEE doesn't work for registering PAYG MBB devices.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@XRaySpeX yes it does EE fixed it.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.