by hippo83 Investigator
Investigator

Reactivation of pay as you go sim card

Hi,

My orange pay as you go sim card has been recently deactivated. Is there a way that I can get it re activated?

Many thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by hippo83 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Reactivation of pay as you go sim card

Good news!

After contacting via email  the EE/Orange customer services and explaining the situation, they fortunately were able to solve the problem and reactivate the sim card!

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Depends how long since you last used it.

You need to ring Orange up and request this if it's not too late.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Employee

Hi @hippo83 and welcome to the community.

I will try and help, please may I know when was the last time you used the phone.

Many thanks,

Lee

by hippo83 Investigator
Investigator

Hi thanks a lot!

Last text I received was 4 days ago. But it must have been over 5 months since the last time I put any credit on my phone ( Orange told me that this is the reason  why it got automatically deactivated when I called them) as I was abroad for a quiet long period of time.

However, I never got any warning that my card will be deactivated, at least a recent one that I can remember of.

Many thanks

by
EE Employee

Hi @hippo83

Please can get you to take a look at the following guide on hibernation as this may help.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely. Receiving does not keep it activated.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by hippo83 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you all for your comments!

After calling orange customer services, told me that unfortunately themselves cannot do it (a new policy thing) and if there is a hope to get the sim reactivated would be to  contact the technical support  by calling 450 from an Orange/EE telephone. They could not provide me  with a telephone number that I can call from another provider or abroad though. In any case it would be really helpfull if there is number to call the technical support from another provider since I am out of the UK at the moment. 

Many thanks

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @hippo83

All our numbers  are here.

If you can call from a landline or alternative mobile we'd be happy to help you.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Use the landline nos. in my sig or even the Freephone 1 over Skype for free.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by hippo83 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Good news!

After contacting via email  the EE/Orange customer services and explaining the situation, they fortunately were able to solve the problem and reactivate the sim card!

Thank you

by
EE Community Support Team

Great news @hippo83

Thanks for sharing with the community

Hope to see you back here again.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.