Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Re: What is pay as you go and flex hibernation, and how do I stop it?

I have been having a clear out and found an  emergency phone  it was pay as you go  with Orange/ EE. The  original number is saying it is not currently being connected to this number  as it has probably been at least 3 years now so presume I have to get a new  EE sim and get  new pay as you go top up card . . I  have charged the phone Do I just  buy a new sim and put some  money on it please . I only use my mobile for emergencies . Thank you for any help.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @SandyDS

Thanks for coming to the community.

The number you had would now be disconnected, you can order a new EE SIM card on our EE Shop.

You can select what pack will be best for you when you order your SIM card, this will have a new number for you.

If you decide you would not like a pack you can text STOP PACK to 150,  when you get the SIM and pay our standard call charges.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Leanne.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for your help. I don't need a monthly payment at all.I usually just top up as when I need money used the money up  it as it is literally an emergency phone .So is this type of pay and go still available as the description on the sim card  information  online says monthly and I am slightly confused. Will it be easier just to go to an EE shop and ask . I do not want to have to go round several different shops to find this sort of sim card for what I need. I would prefer to stick to EE but if they do not do what I need I will go elsewhere . Thanks for your help .Sandy Slade    
Highlighted
by

Hi there @SandyDS

Thanks for coming back to me.

You can select a free Pay as you go SIM without a pack and if you decide to choose a pack later you can do this.

Our EE Store will also be able to help you with the new SIM if you prefer to visit an EE Store.

Leanne.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thank you 

Highlighted
by

No problem at all @SandyDS

Have a lovely day 🙂

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.