by suecliff
Explorer

Re: Pay as you go sim card with no monthly top up time limit

Could I please just clarify to make sure I understand.  If I buy a EE sim and when I get it I text as instructed in the above posts then I will be able to use my phone for texting (which is literally all I want) and the credit remains until I've used it i.e. it doesn't run out after a given time period.  Additionally I can use this when I go abroad within europe. Sorry to appear dumb but I want to be absolutely sure I understand.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

That's right, @suecliff.

All EE PAYG SIMs come primed with a recurring Pack of allowances ready to bought out of your PAYG credit as soon as it is sufficient.

By texting STOP PACK to 150 before you 1st top-up & you can use the SIM as normal PAYG at standard per-unit rates for calls & texts within the UK & EU, drawing upon your credit until you spend it all or top-up again.

Just make sure you make at least 1 call or text every 180 days to keep the SIM alive.

Also advise you to text CALL ABROAD to 150 to get cheaper-than-standard International call & texts from UK.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

That's right, @suecliff.

All EE PAYG SIMs come primed with a recurring Pack of allowances ready to bought out of your PAYG credit as soon as it is sufficient.

By texting STOP PACK to 150 before you 1st top-up & you can use the SIM as normal PAYG at standard per-unit rates for calls & texts within the UK & EU, drawing upon your credit until you spend it all or top-up again.

Just make sure you make at least 1 call or text every 180 days to keep the SIM alive.

Also advise you to text CALL ABROAD to 150 to get cheaper-than-standard International call & texts from UK.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @suecliff and welcome to the community.

Please do follow the advice given by @XRaySpeX as this should be helpful to you.

Many thanks,

Lee

by suecliff
Explorer

Thanks very much, I have had my question answered.  I cannot find the 'accept solution' button - sorry!

by
EE Community Support Team

Great news @suecliff

This has been accepted as a solution for you 🙂

Come back anytime!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.