by asking Investigator
Investigator

Re: My old orange PAYG mobile has stopped working. Fixable?

Hi!

I wonder if you could be help me with a similar problem. I used to have an Orange pay as you go phone. I went to an EE shop where they changed my SIM card to an EE card. I used my phone successfully for a while. Now I can't seem to be able to use my phone anymore. I know I probably haven't used it in three months as it is my back up phone but I am almost certain I have used it in the past six months.

When I log into my EE acount I can see my number and the credit I still have left. However, when I turn on my phone I can't do anything. I can't make any calls or text 150.

Also, it seems to be a different number now. When I switched to an EE card they said the card would have a different number so maybe it has to do with that? Now I'm also confused about what my actual number is.

I guess I'd like to know whether my PAYG has gone into hibernation and if there's anything I can do about it since I can't text or call 150 or do anything with said phone.

I hope this makes sense. 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@asking wrote:

I know I probably haven't used it in three months as it is my back up phone but I am almost certain I have used it in the past six months.

Did you use it for something chargeable like making calls, sending texts or buying Packs? It is not enough just to receive calls or texts.

What error msg does texting 150 give?

Try texting NUMBER to 150 to see your mobile no. & brand.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by asking Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for the quick reply!

I do believe I sent texts, I don't think I ever made a call. I knew something could happen to my number/phone within 3 months time so I would send a text to my other phone just to keep the EE/Orange number alive. And I know I did this because my credit has gone down whenever I did it.

Absolutely nothing happens when I try texting anything to 150. My phone (iPhone) just shows "Not delivered".

What confuses me is that I can log into the EE account and see my old number and the credit I have left.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@asking: Check the message centre no. for EE is +447958879879.

Try texting 450 instead of 150.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by asking Investigator
Investigator

Nope, still nothing. "Not delivered". I can't make any calls or send any texts at all. When I try calling the number you mentioned (or any other number) it says "you cannot make any phone calls from this number" or something like that.

Thank you for trying to help me.

It's very frustrating not to have a customer service email address but I understand why EE doesn't do it.

EDIT: Also, when I use my other phone to try calling my original Orange number it just says something like "the number you're calling is unavailable" and when I call the new EE number I got it says "Welcome to the EE voicemail. I'm sorry, the person you're calling is not available..."

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @asking,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

If you get in touch with customer services they'll be happy to check the status of your account for you.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.