by sallydoolally Investigator
Investigator

Problem topping up

Hi. I have been an Orange PAYG customer for 15 or so years and always had the same number. In the last few years my phone has spent more time in France but as I am happy with the coverage and the service I would like to keep things as they are. I have been paying more per call/text but when I came to top up this week via phone with my debit card as usual but now I am hearing the message 'this service is only available to orange and ee customers using their handset'. I have tried dialling 450, 453, 150, and all the numbers via customer services but am getting the same message. I have tried registering on this ee site but when it comes to adding a device, my phone, it won't recognise the number. I am down to 19p credit and need to top up. Can anyone help?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: Problem topping up

Hi all

Phoned the number today who put me thru to Orange.  There was no apparant reason why I couldn't get thru to top up before but the guy was rude and then hung up on me! Phoned the number back and have now switched to EE.

At least my phone is now topped up at last. 

Thanks for all the advice guys.

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You can't add Orange nos. to MyEE. Orange online access was removed last Dec. The only way to manage your Orange a/c now is by text or phone. Have a read of Orange Your Account closure - explained .

See How can I top up my phone?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @sallydoolally

Thanks for coming to the community.

When was the last time you had a chargeable activity on your account? 

This could be any of the below;

• Voice and data usage. This includes making calls, sending text messages and picture messages, retrieving a voicemail, and using data.
  • Topping up your account.
  • Buying a Pack or an Add-on.

@XRaySpeX has provided information on how you can top up your Orange account.

Speak soon, Leanne.

Investigator

Thanks leanne_T

I last topped up by debit card calling 450 5th sept. 

I have read the information to top up my account. I can't add my orange phone to ee.  I can text 150 for my balance but can't top up this way, call just cuts off. I only have 19p but tried topping up husbands phone this way and also call just ended. Can't buy a voucher as I am currently in France. Have tried card in ATM but don't have the option to buy mobile top up.

Actually, just tried  +44 7953 966 250 while I'm sat here and got through to automated message but now no credit left at all and call ended!

I don't know how to register a debit card if I can't log in to anywhere online or call???

by

Hi there @sallydoolally

Thanks for coming back to me.

If you call us on +44 (0) 7953 966 250 from another phone our customer service team will be able to help.

Thanks, Leanne.

Investigator

Thanks for taking the time to reply again leanne_T, I'll give that a go this week.

by

Hi @sallydoolally.

Let us know how you get on once you've spoken with them 🙂

Jon

Investigator
Solution

Hi all

Phoned the number today who put me thru to Orange.  There was no apparant reason why I couldn't get thru to top up before but the guy was rude and then hung up on me! Phoned the number back and have now switched to EE.

At least my phone is now topped up at last. 

Thanks for all the advice guys.

by

Hi @sallydoolally.

I'm glad you're all sorted 🙂

I hope to see you back in the community again soon!

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.