by ranni26 Investigator
Investigator

Problem toping up - Error code 76cb0

I recently added enough balance on my EE Account, but I´m not able to top up any of the packs or add-ons. It gives me an error every time on either sides (web or app). The app is more specific and tells me an error code 76CB0.

I´m using that SIM since ´16 and never had problems like that. The only thing that could cause the issue is that I haven´t switched on the phone on since 10-11 months, because I´m living abroad in Germany and usually top up a pack before returning to UK.

There might be a lock on that or something else.

Anyone have an idea about that?

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Problem toping up - Error code 76cb0

EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then had a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely. You are beyond that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @ranni26

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you been able to add credit to this account?

Full details on hibernation can be found on our what is pay as you go hibernation post.

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

by ranni26 Investigator
Investigator

Yes, I added 15£ to the account using my credit card, that was about a month ago.

As i saw on your link to the posts"...payg hibernation post" the number seems to be lost due to inactivity. Best solution might be getting a new sim at an EE store when returning to UK.

by
EE Employee

Hi @ranni26 

You may be able to pick up a SIM when landing at the airport.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

by ranni26 Investigator
Investigator

Yep, in my case for the Glasgow Airport, I already found out there´s a store nearby in the  "intu Braehead" shopping centre.

Well so then, will I be able to add a new SIM to my existing EE account? Because I don´t want to loose my current credit. I guess in Your Profile -> Your Numbers -> Add a new number ?

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @ranni26

Thanks for coming back to us.

If you let the store know they will be able to look into the account and see if this is possible for you.

Thanks, Leanne.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.