by ZenZen Investigator
Investigator

Phishing or legit EE message?

Hi there I just received a text from EE? stating: Fancy £10 off - FOR LIFE? Move now to our £25 Everything Pack for just £15. That's 2000 minutes, unlimited texts and 8GB of data to use in the UK & EU every 30 days. Just make sure you have £15 credit and THEN reply YES before MIDNIGHT Tuesday 02 January and we'll do the rest.

The problem is, when I try to read terms, this is where the link goes to http://asset.davinci-crm.com/assets/errorpage/error.html

is this legit from EE or a phishing message? If legit why is the EE link redirecting to this website? The link now dead? States, Thanks for checking. The Link you where checking is no longer available.

I only topped up yesterday for the month snd then received this offer?

Any advice please, is this a phishing message?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Phishing or legit EE message?

Hi @ZenZen,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Did the sender show as 'EE'?

Thanks

James

by ZenZen Investigator
Investigator

Hi James it came from a number 2016, here is a screenshot of the full message

Screenshot_20171230-204830.png

by
EE Employee

Hi @ZenZen

This is indeed one of our offers, the link will only work using mobile data and on the phone that receives the message.

it will not work in a computer browser.

Many thanks,

Lee

by ZenZen Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee, thanks for getting back to me. I had only tried opening the link via my phone, not on a desktop PC. It would not open on either mobile data or via WiFi connection so I was unable to access the terms and conditions.

Regards,

ZenZen

by ZenZen Investigator
Investigator

Hello again Lee, I had tried the link from the beginning via roaming and wifi to no avail. I have missed the offer now anyhow as it was only live till the 2nd of January. Unsure why messages from EE dont come through via texts as 'EE' in the sender line instead of random numbers. Would be a lot user friendly if they did. 

by
EE Community Support Team

I appreciate the feedback about the sender number, @ZenZen.

I agree that it would seem friendlier. However, the number that shows up helps us determine which area of the business the SMS came from and whether it is legitimate. 🙂

The terms for our pay as you go pack promotions can be found on the pay as you go terms help pages for future reference.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.