by Ottawa_John
Explorer

Pay as you go legacy from Orange

We have two EE mobile telephones, we call them our UK phones, opposed to our US Tracfone or our Citi-telecom Canadian telephones.  We keep our UK and US telephones as it is more prudent than paying excessive roaming charges to our Canadian carrier, also our relatives that are left in the UK could need us now at short notice (none of  us are getting any younger!). 

Can somebody please answer a simple question please. We top these up when we are in the UK (or a friend borrows them when they are in the UK). We top them up regularly and I have an un-used balance of 55 pound, my wife a balance of about 37 pound on her's. 

What have we got to do every month, two months or quarter, such that if we are called to the UK in an emergency we just switch on at Heathrow and we have service?

John

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Pay as you go legacy from Orange

@Ottawa_John : EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You need to make a chargeable action within every 180 days, like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ottawa_John
Explorer

So if we top up five pound every 2 months, that would keep them going?
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ottawa_John.

Welcome to the community 🙂

I see you've had some great advice already!

Have a look at our Hibernation Support Article for more information.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions