by Gabriel- Investigator
Investigator

Pay as you SIM expiry date

Hello, 

I've been using a pay as you go SIM card for more than 4 years, but recently switched to my work SIM (dual SIM phone). I'd like to find out a few deatils.

1) How long since my last top up will the SIM card expire?

2) What do I actually lose when/if the card expires? I'm concerned about my pack and especially the bonuses that I earned. 

3) How do I stop the auto renewal of pack? Same, do I lose my pack and/or bonuses if I stop auto renewal?

Thank you!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Pay as you SIM expiry date

@Gabriel-: EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-chargeable use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

Chargeable use is:

• Making a chargeable call or text outside any pack or add-on.
  • Buying a pack or add-on.
  • Topping-up

So, in answer to your to your Qs:

1. If you don't do anything else, 180 days.
  2. Everything incl. credit, but if you phone within a further 90 days it'll be reinstated.
  3. Text STOP PACK before you next top-up to stop it auto renewing. The Pack ceases but you can start a new 1 later. Existing Boosts are kept ready for when you buy your next same-duration Pack.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Pay as you SIM expiry date

@Gabriel-: EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-chargeable use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

Chargeable use is:

• Making a chargeable call or text outside any pack or add-on.
  • Buying a pack or add-on.
  • Topping-up

So, in answer to your to your Qs:

1. If you don't do anything else, 180 days.
  2. Everything incl. credit, but if you phone within a further 90 days it'll be reinstated.
  3. Text STOP PACK before you next top-up to stop it auto renewing. The Pack ceases but you can start a new 1 later. Existing Boosts are kept ready for when you buy your next same-duration Pack.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.