by BOC1789 Contributor
Contributor

PIN reset on my top up card if I havent recorded the original

Hi ALL

Can anyone help in getting a new PIN on my EE Top Up Card when I havent recorded the original on the little selophane wrapper that came with the pack.

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: PIN reset on my top up card if I havent recorded the original

That's right, @XRaySpeX

Otherwise known as a SIM PIN. 🙂

It would stop someone bypassing your device keypad lock by putting the SIM in an alternative phone.

Chris

11 REPLIES 11
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @BOC1789 do you mean your PUK code for you EE PAYG SIM card?

You can locate this by logging in to your MY EE online account and navigating to MY EE>Manage device:

https://id.ee.co.uk/id/login

🙂

by BOC1789 Contributor
Contributor

Hi Tim.  No I don't mean my PUK code.

I am referring to my Top Up Card. When that is delivered the 4 digit PIN and is on the selophane pack with the PUK and serial number.

I stupidly threw this selophane wrapper away.

How would I recover this 4 digit PIN?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @BOC1789 there is no 4 digit pin for electronic swipe cards you just hand it to the assistant, they swipe it, take your money and the credit is automatically loaded to the linked account without you having to do anything else (expect spend it)!

What have you been using this pin for exactly? The only top up system that requires a pin on EE is topping up by debit or credit card when calling 150. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

There is a PIN on the wrapper the SIM & Top-up card came in. I'm not even sure what it's for having never used the Top-up card. It's 1111 on mine so I suppose it could be standard.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

That is the SIM pin that has nothing to do with topping up.

All new EE, T-Mobile and Orange SIM cards have a SIM pin set to 1111 by default and is written on the SIM packaging. This is used for unlocking the SIM card when the device it is in is turned on. If it has been entered incorrectly three times a PUK code is needed to unblock it.

A 4 digit top up pin it set by the user when they first top up over the phone on 150 or 07953 966 250 using a debit or credit card. This can be reset by calling customer service on the numbers previously mentioned. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well, maybe that's the 1 the OP is after seeing he said "the original on the little selophane wrapper that came with the pack" & not 1 he had chosen on the phone. It fits the bill :)!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi @BOC1789

Thanks for posting again 🙂

It looks like between them @XRaySpeX and @Profile closed have got to the bottom of this.

The 4 digit PIN on the SIM is the default PIN for setting up a code for when the phone boots up. You can change this in the settings of the device.

Did you manage to get topped up?

Chris 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed wrote:

All new EE, T-Mobile and Orange SIM cards have a SIM pin set to 1111 by default and is written on the SIM packaging. This is used for unlocking the SIM card when the device it is in is turned on.

Is that optional? I don't remember entering any PIN when I 1st started my MBB device nor do I know any way of keying nos. into an MBB.

by

Yes, this is optional, @XRaySpeX.

When setting up a PIN through the device settings, it will ask for the default PIN before asking you to enter and confirm a new 4 digit PIN.

After it is set up, the device will request the PIN when your device is powered on and also for turning on/off some device features.

The default PIN is given with all SIMs regardless of the device type.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

OIC. It's only for setting up a PIN to unlock device if you so wish.

by
Solution

That's right, @XRaySpeX

Otherwise known as a SIM PIN. 🙂

It would stop someone bypassing your device keypad lock by putting the SIM in an alternative phone.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.