by reezekeys Investigator
Investigator

PAYG sim card - does inactivity disable it?

Hi, I'm a Yank coming to the UK next month for about two weeks. Last year (July 2016) I was also here for a few weeks. Back then I went into an EE shop in London and got a PAYG sim card for my iPhone 5S and used it for the month. I put my original sim card back in my phone when I got home to the USA.

I've kept my EE sim card and what I want to know is, can I still use it? I have heard that wireless companies will deactivate the number after more than a certain number of days (90?) of non-use. I would like to be able to pop this card back into my phone and purchase a data plan for the few weeks that I'll be in the UK. Thanks for any assistance!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: PAYG sim card - does inactivity disable it?

@reezekeys: It's deactivated after 6 months of inactivity and completely lost after 9.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@reezekeys: It's deactivated after 6 months of inactivity and completely lost after 9.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by reezekeys Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the quick reply! I guess I'll be getting a new card then.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @reezekeys

Thanks for posting on the community.

I hope you have a great time over here and you can pick up a pay as you go SIM card in any of our EE retail stores.

View all our available packs for when you are in the UK >

Thanks, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.