by TheOptician
Explorer

PAYG query

I've recently got an EE SIM for our old iPhone, so my daughter can use when she goes out. It's called '£10 Everything Pack'. Having just stuck £10 into the account, it seems I need to pay in every month, regardless of use (?). What I' after is a traditional PAYG scheme, i.e. the balance stays active over many months til used up - this doable with EE?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: PAYG query

@TheOptician : All EE PAYG SIMs come primed with a recurring Pack of allowances ready to bought out of your PAYG credit as soon as it is sufficient. Your last top-up went to buy this Pack.

Text STOP PACK to 150 before you next top-up & you can use the SIM as normal PAYG at standard per-unit rates.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@TheOptician : All EE PAYG SIMs come primed with a recurring Pack of allowances ready to bought out of your PAYG credit as soon as it is sufficient. Your last top-up went to buy this Pack.

Text STOP PACK to 150 before you next top-up & you can use the SIM as normal PAYG at standard per-unit rates.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

by TheOptician
Explorer

OK so I text STOP PACK to 150... then I only need to top up with credit WHEN credit runs out, and not monthly - I got that right? Reason being I'm using my old phone to give to kids when they go out, in case of emergencies etc, so paying a regular £10 pcm isnt necessary !

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's right.

To keep the SIM activated you need to make a chargeable action within every 180 days, like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @TheOptician

Thanks for coming to the community.

I can see you have had some excellent advice from @XRaySpeX

Our What is pay as you go and flex hibernation, and how do I stop it? post has full information on pay as you go hibernation for you 🙂

Let us know if you have any questions.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions