by Pamb6
Explorer

PAYG credit taken for data add ons I did not request.

I have an EE PAYG phone and use WIFI usually and a small amount of mobile data boosted over time in my weekly bundle. Last week I got a text for the first time that I had used 80% of my data so was careful to keep the phone switched off more. This week I got another and several consecutive texts, confirming the data had run out, and two indicating I had bought data add ons. As hadn't replied or even read the earlier texts I couldn't have bought them. What's that about? I can't work out how to block this happening.Any advice?

Even better if I could get my credit back but I ran out of time up waiting in the EE shop for customer service and tried 150 but got put off by the confusing options and the 25p a minute charge.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: PAYG credit taken for data add ons I did not request.

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
5 REPLIES 5
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You will need to contact customer service to get this looked into, as there is no account access on here.

I will provide two numbers that you can contact customer service on, from a landline telephone for example. One of the numbers is a free 0800 number.

The local rate landline number is 020 7362 0200 or call for free on 0800 079 8586.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Pamb6: It's only 25p per call to call CS from a PAYG phone, even on an 0800 no,

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Pamb6
Explorer

Thanks. I used the landline local number to sort it out. No explanation as to why it happened as it was illogical but I'm told I'll get my credit back.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Pamb6 wrote:

Thanks. I used the landline local number to sort it out. No explanation as to why it happened as it was illogical but I'm told I'll get my credit back.

Glad to hear the local landline number I provided was of help and that you managed to get it sorted out 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.