cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

PAYG Mobile Cancelled without Warning

AP95
Contributor
Contributor

I received a text message today saying: "Hi, just a reminder that you need to make a chargeble call/text or use data otherwise you may lose your number and any available credit". This was the first time that I received any such message and it appears to have immediately closed my EE/Orange account.

I tried to send a text as soon as I saw the text (30 minutes after it arrived), but received an "Unidentified subscriber" message. I receive the same message with every number I try to call or text.

How can I have my account reopened when I cannot call customer services and can find no live chat or email to contact EE/Orange? I am overseas and do not have access to another phone to call them. It is very important that I have a phone and in particular that my UK number remains active as I am expecting several important phone calls. 

16 REPLIES 16
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@AP95: You should be using your phone if it is so important to receive calls on it.

When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely. You should have already received a warning text after 2 months of inactivity.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks. I do use my phone. I last used it 5 days ago. I have received no other warnings. I checked to see if I had missed a warning. This was definately the first. I have been unable to top up overseas because I no longer have an credit/debit card with a UK address and vouchers top ups do not go through where I am.

AP95
Contributor
Contributor

Please note that my question is not about why my phone was cancelled, but:

How do I contact customer services to resolve the problem without a phone?

Even if I had previous warnings (which I did not) and this was a final warning, it should not have cancelled my phone immediately, so it is a problem that customer services needs to correct.

Try calling the Freephone no. in my sig. over Skype.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you, but I am unable to make Skype calls with my current internet setup.

Then you'll need to find another phone to make a call from. EE provide no email contact & Live Chat is not for PAYG.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AP95

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Did you manage to get in touch with customer services?

Chris

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for your reply. Unforetunately, I have been unable to reach customer services.

When I call the free overseas number +447973100453, it disconnects and I receive a text saying my balance is zero and to call 450 to top up. Dialling 450 gives a "User not reachable" message". I also dialed +447973100450 and received the same message.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Sorry to hear that, @AP95.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Chris