by steveben53 Investigator
Investigator

PAYG Credit

Hello

I have read that I lose any unused minutes, data etc at the end of each month.  So does that mean to have continuity of service I have to top up £10 a month.

I have a spare phone that I will give to guests or visiting friends or use for emergencies.  My requirement is to get a SIM & load it with, for example,  £10 tomorrow.  Then when some friends visit next week lend them the phone.  I then have relatives coming over from Australia in October.  Will I have to buy another £10 bundle or will they be able to use any unused minues, data etc from the initial load.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Solution

Re: PAYG Credit

Hello and welcome to the community.

There are two ways that pay as you go can operate: standard rates or pack based.

With the standard rates, it is more like old style pay as you go, where you are charged per minute and per text and the credit remains (as long as chargeable use, such as sending an SMS, every few months).

For ''packs", these give a certain allowance of mins, SMS and/or data in return for some credit and last for varying periods: some 7 days and some for 30 days.

EE's current price guide lists the rates: https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/help-pdfs/ee-pay-as-you-go-standard-price-guide-9-july-2018.pdf

Please let us know if you have any queries.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Solution

Hello and welcome to the community.

There are two ways that pay as you go can operate: standard rates or pack based.

With the standard rates, it is more like old style pay as you go, where you are charged per minute and per text and the credit remains (as long as chargeable use, such as sending an SMS, every few months).

For ''packs", these give a certain allowance of mins, SMS and/or data in return for some credit and last for varying periods: some 7 days and some for 30 days.

EE's current price guide lists the rates: https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/help-pdfs/ee-pay-as-you-go-standard-price-guide-9-july-2018.pdf

Please let us know if you have any queries.

View solution in original post

Investigator

Looking at the price list am I reading it right - calls charged at 35p per minute on standard PAYG.  That seems very steep

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @steveben53

Thanks for coming to the community.

I can see @PeterC has given you some great advice on our EE Packs and standard rates.

Just to add, pay as you go SIM cards will go into hibernation if they are not used.

If you have had no chargeable activity on your account within 120 days we’ll contact you by text to make sure you’re still using the SIM card and you’d like to keep the account active.

If you haven’t used your phone for any chargeable activity for 179 days your account will go into hibernation and any credit will be removed, at this point it’s not too late to reinstate your number and credit – just give us a call.

Full information can be found within our What is pay as you go hibernation and how to stop this post.

Thanks, Leanne.,

Investigator

Thanks for the replies but I think that 35p per minute is way too costly especially when you can get a deal for as little as 2p per minute with another major network.  I think I will be looking elsewhere 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions