by chrissytoph
Explorer

No rewards for PAYG topping up?

I was recently switched over from legacy Orange PAYG to EE. When I topped up on the 20th September, I was given 1GB + 400 free texts to use immediately, plus the same to use from the 1st of the next month (see screenshot). 

Screenshot_20191209-135423.png

I topped up over the weekend on the 7th December, and this time I got an SMS back saying I'd get 1GB & 400 texts from the 1st of the next month but I got nothing for this month... I don't understand why this is. I top up that day wanting to get access to the rewards immediately, I don't want it to start rewarding me 3 weeks later. Can someone explain or help please?

Screenshot_20191209-135737.png

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: No rewards for PAYG topping up?

Which Orange PAYG plan were you on before you were transferred to EE 3G?

The EE 3G Rewards for ex-Orange Canary & Dolphin users are earnt the month you top up but are awarded at the start of the following month.

See EE 3G pay as you go plans price guide :

Plan5                                   Top up                                    You get4
EE Canary (3G)3                  £10                                  100 Mins and 100 Texts
                                              £20                                  300 Mins and 300 Texts
EE Dolphin (3G)3                £10                                   400 Texts and 1GB
                                             £20                                   Unlimited Texts and 3GB

4. Available from the 1st of next month to use in the UK & EU

The rewards you received for the same month as you 1st topped-up under EE 3G must have been the introductory offer but thereafter the rewards will only take effect on the 1st of the month following your top-ups, as shown in that EE 3G price plan.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@chrissytoph  Have you tried restarting the device? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Which Orange PAYG plan were you on before you were transferred to EE 3G?

The EE 3G Rewards for ex-Orange Canary & Dolphin users are earnt the month you top up but are awarded at the start of the following month.

See EE 3G pay as you go plans price guide :

Plan5                                   Top up                                    You get4
EE Canary (3G)3                  £10                                  100 Mins and 100 Texts
                                              £20                                  300 Mins and 300 Texts
EE Dolphin (3G)3                £10                                   400 Texts and 1GB
                                             £20                                   Unlimited Texts and 3GB

4. Available from the 1st of next month to use in the UK & EU

The rewards you received for the same month as you 1st topped-up under EE 3G must have been the introductory offer but thereafter the rewards will only take effect on the 1st of the month following your top-ups, as shown in that EE 3G price plan.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

by chrissytoph
Explorer

I was on Dolphin - your explanation clarifies things, thanks. Also cheers for including the link, I tried navigating my way around the FAQs and price plan info and couldn't find the info.

I guess you're right the initial time must've been introductory - I wish that'd been made clearer... 

Thanks for your help.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.