by Kaywivane Contributor
Contributor

New to EE

Hi.......was just wondering why, when I have purchased the recurring £10 plan which includes 1000 texts, why I get a text saying that my texts cannot be sent (I have only sent about 6) due to insufficient funds and I need to top up my balance.

When I have tried to top up it then takes me to an error screen saying an error occured during payment and to try again.......tried again and now it says my card has been declined. Can't think why as there is enough to make a payment.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thankyou.

8 REPLIES 8
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: New to EE

Hello @Kaywivane sorry to hear you are having problems with your new EE SIM. Try restarting the phone then texting the code AL to 150 to check your pack allowances. The top up is now declining because you have tried more than once in a short space of time. Try again in a couple of hours and it should work then. 

If not then for top up & pack queries please call customer service on 150 from an EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other who can access the account and look into this for you. 🙂

by Kaywivane Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou for your prompt reply, and I will try your suggestions later on. Thankyou.

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @Kaywivane let me know how you get on if you have the time. 🙂

by Kaywivane Contributor
Contributor

Seems to be okay......I guess I was confused as it says the balance is nil, but I have 99 minutes, 966 texts and 1024mb remaining until the 28/4/17.

I thought it would show the balance gradually declining instead of imediately going to nil, which is what confused me.

Thankyou for your help.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Kaywivane your balance is showing as £0 because the £10 has been deducted from the account and used to purchase your £10 data pack. Instead of seeing the £10 credit go down as you use it you should now have three separate allowances (minutes, texts, data) on the account. Here is a link containing more information on EE PAYG packs and how they work. :):

http://ee.co.uk/help/my-account/pay-as-you-go/pay-as-you-go-packs-how-they-work

by Kaywivane Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou for your help.....you have explained it all very clearly.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @Kaywivane come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you trying to send texts with emoticons in them, like :)? These don't count as texts (SMS) but as Picture Msgs (MMS) which are chargeable. As you have no credit they can't be sent/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions