Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

New packs? I have build history and now left with nothing!

Hello,

I was on Everything Pack 5, I have paid a lot to get my Boost allowance which is now 1.6GB, 300mins.

Now when I send text "EP5" I get message:

"Just so you know you're currently on one of our older packs that are not available to buy anymore..."

"...£5 Pack, giving you 500MB of data, 250 mins..."

so basically You re-set all to rip off people from all Boost allowances which we build up over a years?

I cannot use PACK05 instead as I will loose my whole Boost of 1.6GB as this is different Pack, even if costs same.

Please don't say I will not loose it as this is same £5 pack... is not: I have followed steps in my EE app and it clearly say that I'll loose all my Boost as this is new pack!

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: New packs? I have build history and now left with nothing!

@xsm4me   Why don’t you call customer services and ask about it.  

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

I'll tomorrow, open till 9pm... but at 8:50pm I was told is closed already...

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@xsm4me : You won't lose your boosts if both packs are of the same duration, 7 days or 30 days.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for help, but if I change to NEW 30days pack (I'm on old 30days pack) it says:

"YOU'LL LOSE YOUR FREE BOOSTS"

If I pick for test reasons 7days pack it says:

"YOU'LL LOSE YOUR FREE BOOSTS AND DATA ROLLOVER"

so it looks like there is no option to do not loose Boosts

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's bad 😞 !

@Katie_B : Is that how it's meant to be? Doesn't seem to be fair to lose all your free Boosts when you switch to the new Packs.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

I have checked my partners phone, (different number, so different account), same thing 😞

I have checked my mums phone which is soon due to renew pack as well, same thing 😞 

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @xsm4me.

This happens because the boosts are different depending on the type of pack.

Our EE Free Boosts help page may explain it better.

In this case, I'd recommend explaining to our Customer Care team how big your boost was before changing and seeing if they can help with this.

Jon

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jon_K : That Help page says as long as you keep to the same duration Pack you won;t lose your Boosts. The OP is switching from one £5 30-day Pack to another. So why is he losing his Boosts?

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Does any one knows "150" customer service opening hours?

"

Give us a call
Free to pay monthly
25p per call on pay as you go
Closed
Mon to Fri 8 am - 9 pm
"

8:50PM Monday closed, okay, I was last minute, but:
8:25PM, Wednesday, already closed 😞
So hours are wrongly advertised on ee.co.uk/help at the moment

Highlighted
by

Hi @xsm4me.

Those are the correct opening hours, it's a little busier than usual at the moment so I'm sorry if you couldn't get through.

If possible, I'd recommend trying to get in touch a little earlier.

@XRaySpeX - I'll see if we can find some more information on this and get back to you.

Jon

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Jon_K I'll try during day. But there is something wrong with hours.. clearly I was told "WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED" at 8:25PM

9:25AM - no one available due to covid-19 😞 bi bi bi... call disconnected 😞

I think I need to wait for better days

Highlighted
by

Thanks @xsm4me.

You may of got this message if the call queue was longer than 35 minutes, meaning you wouldn't of gotten through before 9pm.

I assure you our teams are working until 9pm and doing their best to answer as many calls as possible.

Jon

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Jon_K but according to it no any team now at 9:25AM, during day 😞 well... I understand situation of covid-19 😞 Just I don't understand why EE cut off people like me by no possibility of renew pack, only new packs available, and no possibility to speak to anyone. I'm sure that EE not needed do these changes two weeks ago when covid-19 problem. Some can work from home, some cannot. It makes difficult for some key workers like me as I need spend now more and more on add-ons, or loose all boost allowance by switching packs 😞

Highlighted
by

Hi @xsm4me.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.