by ek2019 Investigator
Investigator

My Orange PAYG phone has no network connection anymore?

I have credit on my orange PAYG, but it is not used very often to make outgoing calls (its an emergency phone) - I receive TXT messages occasionally on it.

Today I notice there is no network connection. I just always assumed it was working?

Is there any way for me to get support and my phone/SIM card re-enabled?

If I call the Orange support and put my telephone number in it does not recognise it. It suggests I call 150 or something like that. But there is no network connection so I cannot call anything on it?

I have been carefully making sure there is credit on my phone.

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My Orange PAYG phone has no network connection anymore?

@ek2019 : Sounds like it has gone into hibernation.

When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ek2019 

Welcome to the community. 🙂

I think @XRaySpeX may be right. You can find more information on our pay as you go hibernation article.

Let us know how you're getting on.

Chris

by ek2019 Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX  @

It may have been many months ago indeed since a chargeable action was made. I do receive TXTs and calls - but seldom make outgoing ones.

I did look at the messages and do see one talking about making a chargable action. It was from about a year ago. However I did not receive any message to announce that it was disabled?

When I called the helpline for Orange PAYG it asks for my number. When I start to type it in (0796...) the robot gets annoyed and tells me it is not a valid number. After trying 3 times it tells me to call 150 to get my phone number. I cannot call 150 anyway since there is not network connection.

Is there a way to re-enable this and recover my credit?

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @ek2019

If your number has passed 273 of no chargeable activity, your number will be disconnected and recycled.

I would recommend speaking to our mobile care team if you believe this still may be in the hibernation period (before 273 days). 

You can call us from any number on 0800 079 8586.

Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Try +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) . That won't ask for a mobile no.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.