by LLH
Explorer

Maintaining my PAYG sim

Hi. Bought my PAYG sim in the airport. Relocated to overseas for 1-2 years. Vital to maintain my sim and the number for receiving sms and text while at overseas. Will also be back to the UK after that. Just topped up my account recently. Need your advise how to keep my sim alive and secondly does the sim needs to be all the time at international roaming mode in order to receive text/sms. Thanking you in advance

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by LLH
Explorer
Solution

Re: Maintaining my PAYG sim

How will the Stable Links term affect my PAYG sim when I am relocated abroad in Asia (not in EU/EEA/Switzerland) for 1-2 years? Even though I made a chargeable action every 6 months to keep my sim alive? Or the Stable links are only affecting those usage abroad in the EU/ EEA/Switzerland countries only? Please advise. Thanking you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Within every 180 days you need to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack. A text to a UK friend would be cheapest.

You need roaming in general to be switched ON but not roaming data to receive SMS.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by LLH
Explorer
Solution

How will the Stable Links term affect my PAYG sim when I am relocated abroad in Asia (not in EU/EEA/Switzerland) for 1-2 years? Even though I made a chargeable action every 6 months to keep my sim alive? Or the Stable links are only affecting those usage abroad in the EU/ EEA/Switzerland countries only? Please advise. Thanking you in advance.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @LLH

Welcome to the community.

Our pay as you go terms and conditions have information on our stable links policy;

Our PAYG service is intended for customers with a stable link to the UK who travel abroad periodically It is not intended for customers roaming on a permanent or semi - permanent basis.

We will consider you to have a stable link to the UK if spend a total of 60 days or more during any 120 day period within the UK.

If your usage abroad in the EU/EEA/Switzerland exceeds this, you will be alerted by text, and after a 2 week period we may charge you for services you use or block your SIM card and roaming services.

We’ll let you know before we do anything.

Thanks.

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I can't see 1 sent text every few months calling it into play.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions