by Lomond82 Investigator
Investigator

Lost my boosts due to error

Long storyover last month or so very quick.

• PAYG customer with EE.
  • EE s own system incorrectly showing wrong data allowance/usage (now fixed).
  • my 1GB of data was in actual fact 3.5GB.
  • EE contract purchased based on incorrect allowance of 1GB, discovered within first few days.
  • PAYG number moved over to contract.
  • Contract phone returned and cancelled within day 5 of 14 day cooling off period.
  • loads of different CS advising my number could, would, couldn't, shouldn't, can't, will be fixed back to PAYG still with EE.
  • Until Carla who confirmed YES I did cancel in the cooling off period, NO I wouldn't need to pay over £400 in cancellation charges, YES I would go back to PAYG once the month under the contract had ran out as couldn't be immediately, YES I could still have my Existing Payg number that I've had for 20odd years, NO I didn't need and shouldn't have had to have buy another sim EE PAYG to transfer, NO I didn't need to go to ANO provider to then get a PAC code to come back to EE as this was the only way and NO I wouldn't need to do another thing as it would all be sorted and YES I was out of pocket and YES that was wrong and they'd fix.
  • end of month for contract came, and no PAYG you need to top up text
  • Again more calls to CS, again twice Cut off, finally someone can help me there and then as NO I'm still contract, no it's not been done and YES I'll still get charged. However fix it he did. 
  • By now my concern has been getting my number back to PAYG and basically putting me back to where I was before all this data error caused by EE happened.
  • now I'm back to PAYG, another call as under the contract I was being charged a month more. I had to pay this and then EE credited it back to my PAYG....hassle but I'd had enough at this point.
  • Topped up my phone and sigh of relief I'm back to how I was........hmmm NO, I'm backto how I was nearly 18months ago as I've lost all my boosts AAAAAAAAAHHH

so now you've died of boredom reading the who's and where's. Surely if due to whatever reason (mine begin EE s **bleep** up with data allowance) you cancel in the cool off period , and in the small print go back to the contract, package etc you were on, SURELY that means I should have been put back into my 1GB boosted to 3.5GB allowance. Alas CS say no but then again CS have said a lot of things not true, all depends of which lovely knowledgable CS person you get.

Id love to hear your comments on boosts, cooling off periods 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: Lost my boosts due to error

Hi and welcome back to the Community @Lomond82

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to our complaints team if you wish to discuss this further.

Many thanks,

Lee

1 REPLY 1
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: Lost my boosts due to error

Hi and welcome back to the Community @Lomond82

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to our complaints team if you wish to discuss this further.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.