by Fexliho

Keeping number while abroad

Hi all, I am currently on a year abroad in Jordan and havent been able to use my ee card at all. I won't return to the UK until next summer. Ive been notified that if I dont use the card within a certain time limit my sim card will be cancelled and my number may be given to someone else and my current accound balance will be lost.

Im on a "pay as you go" or "prepaid" plan. How do I keep my number active until I return in June. I've been changing simcards a lot before this one and finally want to have a stable number, so don't want to buy a new simcard once I return.

I haven't been able to call ee from my ee card, it doesn't seem to be working in the ME and haven't been able to do any chargable activity atm. Is there another way to contact EE to keep my number?

Thanks so much for your help! 🙂

Felix

2 REPLIES 2
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Keeping number while abroad

Hello @Fexliho ,

Unfortunately, you will lose your number, as you are only meant to be out of the country for a limited time and so it is not possible to keep this number indefinitely. Can you not get a Jordanian SIM card and use that and then when you come back to the UK get a new SIM card, which will unfortunately be a different number?

The only way you can speak to an ‘EE representative is by clicking on the contact us and ringing customer service using one of the numbers there. You can also use something like Skype or Viber to contact them.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Keeping number while abroad

@Fexliho : To keep the SIM activated you need to make a chargeable action within every 180 days, like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions