by sethboyk2 Investigator
Investigator

Is it this awful for everyone?

Hello,

just wondering if everyone has such a terrible service from EE?

Signed up 12th March for £15 Everything PAYG - so far (9th May - so 2x 30 days) I've had to top up £65 to make calls and access the internet.

My phone says i've used 1.5gb in the first 10 days and 2.1GB from then til now and under 15 minutes of calls each cycle plus a few texts ... so less than the unlimited, unlimited and still a little less than the 2GB in 30days (plus I've had 'free boosts' for the data.

I went into an EE shop to see if they could help, they pretty much instantly put me on the phone to customer services since they don't really deal with accounts (other than signing you up for them). I then spent almost an hour on the phone to an advisor who seemed to think it was an account permissions setting and spent lots of time trying to change my admin status so i could buy a different pack but couldnt explain why i was out of credit but hadn't actually used all the data or minutes. She then essential gave up and passed me on to a tech advisor who wanted to sell me a contract instead...

After this I sent an email to the complaints address, they then text me to say they would call me in a few minutes... and then didn't.

On top of all this the PAYG Sony phone I got (locked to EE) is pretty terrible, has all sorts of software glitches, battery drain and is generally not very functional, the retailer tried to pass the buck onto Sony who then sent me a link to a 'software repair' program which told me there were no issues...

Through all of this basically it seems the story is - 'we don't know what is wrong but tough, please buy something else from us instead'

First time on EE, first time on PAYG (normally a contract user) really frustrated so far but don't know how to resolve the issues without even more hassle.

Any suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Is it this awful for everyone?

Hello @sethboyk2 there is no access to accounts allowed through here to check your account or query any charges I am sorry. You can check your credit, pack and allowances information by texting the code AL to 150. You can check the status of any packs on your account by accessing this link using your phones data (not WiFi) connection:

http://add-on.ee.co.uk

You can also check your recent usage by logging in to MYEE online and clicking 'See itemised usage' under your pack allowances on the main screen. Top up & pack queries would need to go through customer service on 150 from an EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other. 🙂 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @sethboyk2,

Welcome to the EE Community.

That's really useful advice from @Profile closed.

Can you see what has used your credit in the My EE app?

If you can give us the specifics of the technical issues you are having with your new phone, the community may be able to offer a solution.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@sethboyk2   Are you allowing apps to run in the background?  Are you using YouTube if you are are you watching in HD as this will drain your data allowance.   

Investigator

As mentioned phone log shows the data usage, not abnormal - and yes I can see my account credit etc. On the app. To be clear I've paid for £65 of packs (ie 8gb data) but only had less than 4gb and run out of call credit

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone
by

Hi @sethboyk2,

Does the My EE app show that you haven't used your full allocation of 500 minutes?

Have you tried to call a number that isn't included in your allowance? (See exclusions below)

• Calls to Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man
  • Numbers starting 070, 084, 087, 09 & 118
  • See our Pay As You Go Price Guide and Pay As You Go Non-Standard Price Guide for more information www.ee.co.uk/priceguides.

Thanks

James

Investigator

Hi again, yes I've checked, I have 426min call time left, but I haven't been able to make a call for days. At this point it's obvious there is something wrong with the sim or account but it's a constant 'have you tried this?' for the last week instead of any solutions or apologies for poor service, I've had mobile phones for almost 20 years and never had issues like this. I'd be happy to go back to a contract but EE is not exactly making me confident I should stick with them, at least with Vodafone in the past when I've had issues they've given account credit to make up for it

by

Good morning @sethboyk2.

What happens when you try and make a call?

Can you receive calls?

Also can you send texts?

Thanks, Leanne.

Investigator

Hi Leanne,

sometimes I get a 'you do not have enough credit' message, other times is just instantly hangs up.

Yesterday i turned the phone off and on again and two sms messages popped up that had been sent days before.

I seem to be able to receive calls OK most of the time.

by

Hello there @sethboyk2,

If this is saying not enough credit this will need checked over by our customer service team as this should not happen.

Have you been able to try the SIM in another phone at all?

As the SMS not arriving could be the phone or SIM card delaying these.

Thanks 🙂

Investigator

Not tried in another phone, as mentioned described all these problems to CS on the phone to them from one of the EE stores... just going round in circles.

by

Thanks @sethboyk2.

If you could try this and see if this works for you.

If you do keep getting the error then they would need to look into this further for you.

I am sorry we have no account access on the community.

Thanks, Leanne!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.