by timkooo
Explorer

Invalid sim - pay as you go

Hello,

I have an EE pay as you go mobile but when I want to use it, there´s written "Invalid SIM". 

I moved abroad 20 months ago and since then I´ve topped up the phone once (more than 1 year ago). So I guess my SIM card is deactived because of my inactivity.

Is it possible to active my SIM card again? I really need to use the number I had.

I´m still living abroad so I just can´t go to a store to fix it.

Thank you for your help.

Mario

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Invalid sim - pay as you go

Hi @timkooo

Once it's gone it's lost, especially if you haven't topped up for over 1 year.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you really needed that no. you should have sent a chargeable text at least once every 180 days. Most networks consider you no longer want that no. after 6 months inactivity & deactivate it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @timkooo.

Welcome to the community.

It sounds like your number will have gone into hibernation.

After 273 days of no activity, the number will be lost and recycled.

If possible, you will need to get a new SIM with a new number on it.

Jon

by timkooo
Explorer

Hello @XRaySpeX, @Jon_K.

Thank you for your replies, guys. I totally understand it´s my fault and I feel like an idiot because of it 😞

Anyway, so the next question is: Is it possible to order/buy a new SIM card (for pay as you go) with the same number I had? Can I have the number somehow or is it gone forever?

Thanks a lot.

Mario

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @timkooo.

You can buy a new pay as you go SIM card but this will have a new number attached.

The old number will of been recycled and will potentially be back in circulation. 

I'm sorry that you can't get it back.

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by acepaul Established Contributor
Established Contributor

In the sticky thread it mentions being sent a text before goes off line.

As for same number, if it’s in a bucket as it were why ever not 

PAYING ORANGE “OUT HERE” CUSTOMER WHO WAS ROBBED FROM IT BY EE NEVER TRY TOO COMMICATE TO “MA” HE IS TO RUDE TO REPLY

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.