by OH99

Internet booster cut off after fair usage policy exceeded

I bought internet on my phone for one month using MONTHWEB for £12. So earlier in the month I reached and exceeded my fair usage policy (as I didn’t realise it had run out). My internet then stopped and I couldn’t browse or use WhatsApp etc. I called 150 and talked to them about it. They then appeared to have solved the problem and I could browse again. However, my internet was once again cut off the next day and I had to call them again. Today I called them for the 4th time to deal with this issue. 

My my understanding was that after you’ve reached your fair use amount, you are either unable to download/stream, or they slow you down. I had no reason to believe they would cut you off completely. Calling them is unsustainable as they charge me 25p every time I call them. On top of that I’ve been having to call them virtually every day since this issue started

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Internet booster cut off after fair usage policy exceeded

Hi @OH99

It says on the T-Mobile booster page

*This Booster comes with a Fair Use Policy of 500MB a calendar month. We’ll monitor how much you use each calendar month so that we can protect our network for all our customers. If you use more than your fair use policy amount we won’t charge you any more but we may restrict how you can use Internet on your phone.

Why don't you upgrade to EE as you get much better pack deals than on T-Mobile. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Internet booster cut off after fair usage policy exceeded

Hi and welcome to the community, @OH99

I see @Northerner has answered your question here and given some brilliant advice about upgrading to EE.

Let us know what you think..

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions