by Dangerfield Investigator
Investigator

Initial Pack Not Activating

Hi,

I 've bought a PAYG phone plus a £10 everything pack, I've linked the number to my account on the EE website. The account shows a zero balance but says I need to call to activate my pack that I've paid for.

When I try to call it says I can't because I have no credit. I can't get help from 150 because I'm told the call will cost 25p and I don't have the credit. I can't call help lines becuase, guess what, I don't have any credit apparently.

Web site help tells me all about packs but not about how to get what you've already paid for.

Any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Initial Pack Not Activating

Hello @Dangerfield what response do you get when you restart the devofe and text the code AL to 150? You can check the status of any packs on your account by accessing this link using the devices mobile data (not WiFi) connection:

http://add-on.ee.co.uk

How long ago did you activate the SIM card? New activations can take up to 24hrs to complete and some services may not work or be available during this time. Restarting the device now and again to keep the network connection refreshed can help. 🙂

Investigator

Hi Tom222,

A restart and text AL to 150 gives me a balance of £0.00.

The link shows I have 500mb of data waiting for activation (+35mb of start-up data allowance left).

It is on the cusp of 24 hours now although I've only ever had to wait a maximum of a couple of hours before. I will try for a while longer and get back to you.

Thanks

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Dangerfield yes let me know how you get on hopefully the activation has finished by then. 🙂 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dangerfield.

If you can also restart the device after the 24 hours and try this again 🙂

Hope this is all sorted for you!

Investigator

Nope, restarted and tried again, everything still the same, can't call, no credit. Well past 24 hours now.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Dangerfield you should still be able to get through to customer service on 150 from another EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other who can look in to this for you. 🙂 

Investigator

Sadly customer services were no help at all.

Just paid 25p for a call from another EE phone only to be told there is £0 on the number (yes, I know) and directed back to the well known chain of stores I bought the phone from.

'Not our problem' seemed to be the message, as well as 'don't care either'.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Dangerfield and welcome to the community.

If it your account is showing as £0 it may be that the store you purchased the device from has not topped up the account at the point of purchase.

I would indeed pop back to the store and query this with them.

Does your receipt say anything about top up?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Thanks for your continued help. Yes, the receipt clearly shows £10 airtime credit. Will take back to store tomorrow. 

by
EE Employee

Let us know how you get on @Dangerfield.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.