by Bexrobson
Explorer

In NZ- EE account closed - help!

I’m in New Zealand travelling and my EE account has been closed - assume due to inactivity.  I need to reopen my account with my phone number so I can access bank accounts etc which are associated with the phone number - still have my sim.  Unable to do this on MyEE - just says account closed.

I dont want to pay the money to call - I want to arrange by email but can’t find an option.

help please!

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: In NZ- EE account closed - help!

When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely. If you're still within this 9 month timeframe you've got a chance of getting it back; otherwise it's gone for good.

There is no email contact for EE. You could try the Freephone no. in my sig. over Skype in the UK a.m.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Bexrobson
Explorer

thanks so much - other thought, I could buy / request a new sim and request my old number?  Not sure how to go about that but there should be a way...

thanks again 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, you can't get your old number back. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.