by paulmok Investigator
Investigator

If I don't buy packs for PAYG, but just top-up, will the top-up value expire?

I use my EE only when I travel to the UK and Europe.  I'd like to keep the number active and I understand that I may have to use the sim card every sixe month (correct?)  If I buy packs only, the value will expire in one month's time and I can't use the card outside of the UK to keep the sim card active.  What is the solution?  I guess if I buy top-up value, not packs, that may help, if that top-up value doesn't expire.  Please comment on the above and point out alternatives to achieve my objective of keeping the sim card/number active.

Thanks a lot.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: If I don't buy packs for PAYG, but just top-up, will the top-up value expire

You'd have to top-up £10 1st to buy the £15 pack.

Yes, then once the pack expires you won't have enough credit for it to renew until you next top-up enough. You don't need to STOP PACK but it might be safer in case you forget & later text the code for the pack when you return to start it up again.  

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: If I don't buy packs for PAYG, but just top-up, will the top-up value expire

@paulmok: Your PAYG credit doesn't in itself expire but it could be spent on recurring packs if you let it. Text STOP PACK to 150 before you next top-up & you can use the SIM as normal PAYG at standard per-unit rates.

To keep the SIM active you need to make a call or text, top-up or buy a pack at least once every 180 days.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Brilliant answer @XRaySpeX

Welcome to community @paulmok and I hope this gives you all you needed to know?

Thanks for being a member.

If you need anything, we are here for you in community.

Richard

🙂

by paulmok Investigator
Investigator

Dear friend

If I have GBP5 as credit that stays in my account the last time I left the UK, next time I come, I buy a pack of GBP15. When the pack expires in one month’s time, it will automatically renew. But there is not enough credit in my account, what will happen? Do I need to text STOP PACK in this case if I don’t have enough credit? Thanks a lot for your advice.

Regards
Paul

Disclaimer : This email and all contents are subject to the following disclaimer: http://emaildisclaimer.oocl.com/default.html
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

You'd have to top-up £10 1st to buy the £15 pack.

Yes, then once the pack expires you won't have enough credit for it to renew until you next top-up enough. You don't need to STOP PACK but it might be safer in case you forget & later text the code for the pack when you return to start it up again.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @paulmok,

That's another great answer from @XRaySpeX - Thanks! Smiley Happy

Find out more about pay as you go hibernation >

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.