by kandimeg
Visitor

I want my Everything Pack account, £35, and SIM restored.

I returned to the USA with a £35 credit but lost my SIM before returning to Edinburgh. The EE community assured me I could go to any location to

1. Get a new SIM

2. Have it assigned to my existing phone number

Also, the EE staff assured me before I left the UK that my £35 was good for 6 months.

Today I have none of these. 

The EE staff member refused to send me a new SIM in the mail but said they had to give me a brand new one and assign a new number to my phone (they have not told us what is), nor is it on any paperwork.

My credit is gone, and the 16gb of data plan the store signed me up for has been replaced by a more expensive, 5 GB one.

Bait and switch happened so many times that my head is spinning. Please advise how I get my original phone number assigned to the new SIM, and my £35 restored to that number.

1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I want my Everything Pack account, £35, and SIM restored.

@kandimeg: When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then had a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

Sounds like that's what's happened to it as EE refused to give you your old no. back..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.