by lienee Investigator
Investigator

I stopped the pack but I’m afaid to top-up..

I texted STOP PACK to 150 and I got the following answer:

“You have asked us to stop your pack. When your current pack ends we will not add a new one. If you'd like to choose a different pack, go to MyEE.”

Afterwards, my account (web and ios-app) still says:

“Your next pack is already lined up. Simply top up and your pack will automatically start up”

But I do not want any pack to auto start up again after I will top-up.

I want just to add more credit without anything to start by itself untill i choose so.

What should I do?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I stopped the pack but I’m afaid to top-up..

Hi @lienee

"Stop Pack" cancels all packs and your sim will revert to traditional PAYG. Unless you want or have paid for another pack then nothing will start if you top up only.

It would be useful to know what you intend to use the sim for when you top up, are you intending to change your pack or just add credit and not use the sim?

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by lienee Investigator
Investigator

-what do u mean by "traditional PAYG"? just use the credit without any pack?

-i just want to top-up and nothing to happen. maybe later i will use the credit for calls/data; maybe even more later, after more days, i will choose a pack smaller or bigger than the one they had "lined up for me"

-btw ?why my account still says: "Your next pack is already lined up. Simply top up and your pack will automatically start up" 

-imo 'stopping' means nothing to be "lined up" to auto start 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@lienee. A traditional PAYG is your credit goes towards paying calls and texts that you make, you don’t have an allowance each month and and your credit only runs out once you’ve used it up and your credit could last a couple of months.   You do not get any data so you’ll need to purchase a data add and these last 30 days.    A traditional PAYG is for someone who doesn’t need data and might only make one or two sort calls a week and maybe the odd text messages.  

You have to allow upto 24 hours for your account  to catchup with the command STOP PACK,  if you’ve sent stop pack you and you’ve had the confirmation that is been stopped then you  can top up with it going towards a pack.   

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What exactly does texting AL to 150 report? It is usually more immediate then MyEE.

Once you've stopped your pack you may top-up & use your credit for calls & texts at per-unit standard rates until you've exhausted it. You cannot use your credit for data; that must be done by buying a pack or add-on. Just make sure you top-up or make a chargeable call or text at least once every 6 months or the SIM will be deactivated & you will lose your credit.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by lienee Investigator
Investigator

@Chris_B: what would be the "confirmation that is been stopped" message ?

Is the answer I got good enough? Maybe no! 😞

(“You have asked us to stop your pack. When your current pack ends we will not add a new one. If you'd like to choose a different pack, go to MyEE.” ) ?

Here is the story in chronological order:

My last topup was on 3rd Dec 2018, and my credit was £14 after that.

The former active pack (£15 DATA) was not renewed on its due date (4th Dec 2018) because there were not enough credit at the time. 

I did not topup or add any pack since then.

Aprox 40 days past since then till today.

My credit is now aprox £13.05.

I sent STOP PACK to 150 a lot of times in these last 40 days, and the answer is the same i specified above.

Why I do not want the former active pack to auto-renew when I will topup?

Here is my reason why:

That pack was called a "Promotional £15 Data Pack" and it had 4GB of data.

But now I would choose the current default £15 Data pack which has more allowance: 5GB, 500min..

So that's why I do NOT want anything to kick in automatically.

My worries are that it will auto kick in because even now after 40 days and multiple STOP PACK commands, My account still show:

"Your next pack: Promotional £15 Data Pack. Your next pack is already lined up. Simply top up and your pack will automatically start up. 4GB data; 250min..”

:-(((

2019-01-14 16.09.24.png

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@lienee  Did you text stop pack before or after your pack renewal date ? If it was after then you’ve stopped this pack when it gets to the renewal date at the end of this months cycle.   Text NOW to 150 as this will end the pack that’s wants to renew. 

by lienee Investigator
Investigator

ri had begin to text STOP PACK after the ‘failed renewal’ date of Dec 4rd.

i just texted “NOW” to 150 (your advice above) and got the following:

“You need to add some credit to pay for your Pack, please top up at ee.co.uk/myee. Your pack will then start automatically.”

Afterwards, i texted STOP PACK again and received the same answer like every time in this last 40 days:

“You have asked us to stop your pack. When your current pack ends we will not add a new one.”

But i’m in the same confuse situation like in the last days. And the “auto renewal” is still “lined up” :-((

Sorry but your last post did not clarify anything..

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @lienee

If you want to be sure your pack is not going to continue I would recommend speaking with our customer service team

Keep us posted on how you get on, 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.