by Lesley10
Visitor

How to revalidate a hibernated number

How do I revalidate my old EE PAYE number. Having put money into account today I still cant phone out

6 REPLIES 6
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: How to revalidate a hibernated number

Hello @Lesley10 you can contact general customer service on 0800 956 6000 options 2, 4 who can access the account and check if the number can still be retrieved.

Information on the hibernation process for future reference:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/What-is-pay-as-you-go-hibernation-and-how-can-I-stop-it/...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If it hasn't been used for at least 9 months you've lost it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Not necessarily true no you do not have access to the account so you can not confirm that.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, I don't need access to any a/c as that's EE's procedure. Or did you not notice the conditional in my statement?

Just stop starting arguments just for the sake of it!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I am not starting an argument?

You have no idea if the number has been disconnected or not. The hibernation process is by no means an exact process. Let the OP at least call and check.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Lesley10

Thanks for coming to the community.

How long ago was any of the below last done?

• Voice and data usage. This includes making calls, sending text messages and picture messages, retrieving a voicemail, and using data.
  • Topping up your account.
  • Buying a Pack or an Add-on.

Have you had text messages from us, to let you know the account was going into hibernation?

Speak soon, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.