by Lotenmathewson
Visitor

How long will my number stay valid if I don’t recharge

Travel in and out of UK a lot. Wondering how often I’ll need to recharge in order to keep my number

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How long will my number stay valid if I don’t recharge

You really just to send a text at least once every 6 months.

EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

EE's hibernation policy can be found here: https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/What-is-pay-as-you-go-hibernation-and-how-can-I-stop-it/...

In simple terms, you have to have made chargeable activity every 179 days and it's not related to recharges.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

by
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community, @Lotenmathewson. 🙂

In addition to the brilliant answers above about hibernation, we also have a stable links policy, detailed in the pay as you go price guide (page 6):

Our PAYG service is intended for customers with a stable link to the UK who travel abroad periodically. It is not intended for customers roaming on a permanent or semi-permanent basis.

We will consider you have a stable link to the UK if spend a total of 60 days or more during any 120 day period within the UK.

If your usage abroad in the EU/EEA/Switzerland exceeds this, you will be alerted by text, and after a 2-week period we may charge you for services you use or block your SIM card and roaming services.

We’ll let you know before we do anything.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.