by Younguni
Explorer

How can I change the date of renewal for top up plans?

Hi all,

My top up plan will end on the 27th, and I want to change it to a new plan after that, However, I will be travelling abroad for a month on the 9th, thus this will mean if I pay as regular, I would only be using the 30 day plan for about 12 days. Is there a way to extend the renewal date of 27th to after the 9th? 

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How can I change the date of renewal for top up plans?

@Younguni: You can't make a 30-day pack last longer than 30-days. What you can do is buy your pack as normal on the 27th but only use it for the 12 days. Then text STOP PACK to 150 to make sure it doesn't renew while you are away & buy the new pack when you get back, when it will start its 30 days from then.

If you are travelling in the EU, you can use your pack there & don't really need to stop it unless you have no need for it abroad.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Younguni

Welcome to the community. 🙂

I see @XRaySpeX has offered some brilliant advice there.

How do you feel about doing that?

Chris

by Younguni
Explorer

Hi, 

@XRaySpeX thanks for the advice

Just a further question, does this still mean that I will have to pay, for example, 10 pounds for that 30-day plan even if I am only using it for 12 days?

Thx

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, that is the price & duration of the pack you are buying. It is not variable. You could buy a cheaper 7-day pack for most of it but then you would lose all the boosts you have earned from 30-day packs.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.