by nickL45 Investigator
Investigator

EE website does not recognise Orange PAYG number

Hi,

I just tried to top up my Orange PAYG number but neither the automated call system or website will recognise the number. When I text 150 for the number it cinfirms back the number I have and I can also get a balance when I text also. 

How do I get the website and call system to recognise the number so that I can top it up?

Thanks

Nick

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by nickL45 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: EE website does not recognise Orange PAYG number

Sorry, been at work today. I will call them but as it's an old non smart phone I'll probably just wait until the credit runs out and get a new sim. It's just an emergency phone that my wife carries with her so no big deal. Thanks for all the info everyone. 🙂

10 REPLIES 10
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @nickL45 Your Orange online accounts were closed recently:

http://ee.co.uk/help/help-orphan-pages-/orange-your-account-closure

You can not register a T-Mobile or Orange number for a My EE account only EE numbers.

Does calling 450 from your Orange phone work? You can also use the 450 text service mentioned in the link above.

by nickL45 Investigator
Investigator

The problem is that when I call 450 it asks for my orange number but when I enter this it says it does not recognise the number. The number is correct and I have had it verified automatically by text. How can I top up by phone if the top up system will not recognise the number? I can also get a text balance for the number  even though the automated call system does not seem to think it exists.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Have you restarted your phone and still get the same?

The issue needs reporting to customer service so they can check your account. Orange have not got a line you can contact them on without having to input a number anymore so call EE general customer service on 0800 956 6000 options 2, 4 and ask them to transfer you to Orange PAYG.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @nickL45

Welcome to the community.

Did you manage to get through to customer service following @tm90's advice?

Chris

by nickL45 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Sorry, been at work today. I will call them but as it's an old non smart phone I'll probably just wait until the credit runs out and get a new sim. It's just an emergency phone that my wife carries with her so no big deal. Thanks for all the info everyone. 🙂

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You are welcome I hope they can resolve your issue soon.

🙂

by Adam881
Explorer

I'm not sure a customer saying that he'll wait until the criedit runs out and then get a new sim is really a solution.

I've also been trying to top up an Orange phone, registered for EE but told my number isn't recognised. You need to clear out out from the website all the obviously out of date information about Orange. I topped up with 450, and it would have been much easier if the website just said that to start with, rather than saying you can top up Orange by registering on EE.

by

Hi @Adam881,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear you've spotted some incorrect information on our website.

Please can you share a link to the page so I can make sure it's updated?

Thanks

James

by Adam881
Explorer

From the redirect page https://ee.co.uk/help/help-orphan-pages-/orange-your-account-closure you click on top up for Orange and get https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/billing-usage-and-top-up/topping-up-and-balance/how-can-i-top-up-my-p... which tells you to sign on to My EE.  Once you sign on to My EE it asks for your number, which isn't recognised.

by

Thanks for letting us know @Adam881

We will request this page to be updated.

Thanks, Leanne.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.