by Piglet162 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

EE tried to auto top-up 2 days early

EE have tried to auto top-up my PAYG 2 days early.  I have made a phone call from my mobile without realising they have stopped my pack and this cost me £1.40.  Have tried to change my auto top up so that I have credit but unable to do this today.  Have lost all my boosts.  Unable to contact customer services on 150 as it just keeps disconnecting.  What a waste of my Sunday!  Thought I was all sorted with automatic renewal of top up each month paying on credit card - what has happened?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EE tried to auto top-up 2 days early

How does topping-up 2 days early stop a pack? You just have the credit 2 days before you need it & can renew the pack 2 days later. 2 days late I could understand but not early.

To ensure you have enough credit to buy your pack regularly, you should make your recurring top-up happen every 30 days, just before the pack expiry time. You can even set up your account to top up automatically the day before it’s about to renew.

You don't lose your boosts just cuz you didn't buy a pack 1 month. They will continue the next time you buy the pack. It would have to be 6 months w/out buying a pack before the boosts go.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Piglet162 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have an auto renewal on direct debit every 30 days.  EE didn't use this when they tried to renew 2 days early so I didn't have enough money standing in my account.  It looks like I have lost all my boosts as didn't renew.  Renewal not due until Tuesday but I have changed it to Monday to see what happens.  It wouldn't allow me to change it to today.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Piglet162

Welcome back to the community.

We would need to get this looked into for you.

If you can give us a call on either 150 from the phone at a cost of 25p or from another phone on  0800 079 8586, we will be able to help you get this sorted. 

Thanks, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions