by eetaximan Investigator
Investigator

EE killed my number and stole my credit

Why wasn't I emailed or warned this was going to happen.
It's like theft !

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: EE killed my number and stole my credit

Hi @eetaximan

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear that your phone went into hibernation without you knowing.

We send a text message after 120 days of inactivity, so that, the next time you turn your phone on, you'll get the message.

If you haven’t used your phone for any chargeable activity for 179 days your account will go into hibernation and any credit will be removed.

At this point you can still re-activate it. Have you spoken to customer services to see if they're able to?

Find out more about pay as you go hibernation >

Chris

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

When did you last use it? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely. They should have warned you at about 4 months. Did you have it on then?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I wasn't aware that they 'hibernate' your phone after 3 months of non use now. If it's still not used for some time after that, they kill your number and take your credit.

That's it. Zap, gone. Number and credit 😞
Not an email or anything. If they did text me and my phone wasn't on for a few month, how am I supposed to read it !!!

Worse mobile phone company I have ever dealt with 😮

Bye EE

by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi @eetaximan

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear that your phone went into hibernation without you knowing.

We send a text message after 120 days of inactivity, so that, the next time you turn your phone on, you'll get the message.

If you haven’t used your phone for any chargeable activity for 179 days your account will go into hibernation and any credit will be removed.

At this point you can still re-activate it. Have you spoken to customer services to see if they're able to?

Find out more about pay as you go hibernation >

Chris

View solution in original post

Investigator

Yes I spoke to your Customer Services once I'd finally got through to a human being. (I didn't have an EE phone number remember !!)

My phone number is dead. My credit has gone. End of 😞

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you phone is off when a text is sent to you it will retry for about a week but not for ever. That's the way texts work.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

They could have emailed me as a last resort, but no, let's just have the £x credit.
It wouldn't have been so bad if they offered me a complimentary replacement payg sim.

Like I said before, worse mobile network i've ever dealt with !

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@eetaximan  Understanding how PAYG works and it’s the same on all networks that you have to use it or after a period of time of none use all network do the same thing and hibernate the account as they assume that you not using it any more and that’s all networks not just EE.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions