by Roryh1986 Investigator
Investigator

EE have taken money out my account from start of year without my authorisation

EE have taken money out my bank account since start of the year without my permission which by end of feb was multiple times 3,4,5 times a day which is over £1000. My bank fraud squad said go to ee who couldnt tell me where it was going,when i was on fone to fraud squad again money was take out my account and they couldnt process my claim so they said go to the police police said go to ee who said they couldnt do anything.so EE get ur fraud squad team onto this and find where my money has went or this is getting escallated!!!!! Btw it had been EE TOP UP VESTA CD

9 REPLIES 9
Investigator

Re: I'm beiung ripped off every day by ee top up vesta don't know what it is

this has happened to me from start of year but by end of feb multiple have been taken 3,4,5 times a day over £1000 has gone from my account. What steps were taken for u to get ur money back from ee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EE have taken money out my account from start of year without my authorisati

Hi @Roryh1986

No point posting here as there is no account access on these forums. 

Your bank should cancel any transactions unless they were authorised with chip and pin. They should also change your account number, but this is only if you keep your account details private as clearly someone has gained access. 

You might also want to seek some legal advice.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EE have taken money out my account from start of year without my authorisati

@Roryh1986  You need to speak with customer services as this is a public forum and there is no account access from here    If you believe there is fraud on your account then you need to go to the police and get a crime number,  you also need to go to your bank and report it to them.  

And EE have allowed this to happen because you’ve allowed someone access to your banking information for this to happen and EE doesn’t know it’s not you as you are supposed keep your banking information confidential. 

Investigator

Ive done all that went to bank who said go to ee,ee said there was nothing they could do their end couldnt c where the money was going.went back to bank and when i was on fone money was taken out my account and they said they couldnt process my claim go to police who said looks like a computer error by ee so go back to them so went back to ee who couldnt do anything their end go to police get a claim number from them go to bank with thatthem bank should investigate went tp police who said they couldnt give me a claim reference number

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Somebody has got hold of your bank card details & is using them to top-up their EE phone.

Usually banks are wise to this fraud & query or stop the 1st top-up to a new no. Who is your bank/CC issuer?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

My bank is Bank Of Scotland and my card has always been on me i very rarely use my bank card so how someone has cloned it i dont know amd the bank fraud squad wouldnt pursue my claim even when money was taken out my account when i was on the fo e to them. Has ee got a fraud department i cpuld contact amf if not im going to contact watchdog about this

Investigator

Ive spoke to customer services twice and been no help at all and ive never given my bank details out to anyone 

Investigator

Re: Top up payment

This has been happening to me since start of this year and since 28th feb multiple transactions have been taken from my account over £1000 now i have tried phoning that 08 number and it doesnt exist now there r no 08 numbers on my bank statement just EE TOP UP VESTA.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Roryh1986,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear you have been the victim of fraud.

You've done the right thing in contacting your bank and the Police.

If you get in touch with customer services they'll be able to contact the fraud department on your behalf.

You can find more useful information in our fraud protection help article.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.